X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut your own records at home - phonocut

About to launch on Kickstarter

www.phonocut.com

"Since the invention of record discs in 1889, mankind has been dreaming of a simple but precise desktop machine which would enable anybody to produce their own quality records with just the push of a button. Since the 1930s several machines were introduced to the market that all failed to reach a broader audience, mostly due to poor sound quality, overly complicated technical handling or unaffordable pricing.

2019, more than 70 years later, vinyl records are celebrating a surprising worldwide comeback but still their production is still locked up inside of high-tech, high-volume pressing plants. But as we know technology exploded in many fields opening up the incredible opportunity to finally re-think and re-invent record production. This is exactly what we did together with a small team of globally acknowledged experts:

Today introducing the PHONOCUT HOME VINYL RECORDER.
    A simply revolutionary precision machine, to finally introduce a new chapter of record production by reducing it to 3 simple steps:

1) Place the Vinyl blank on the platter
    2) Connect to the music input of your choice
    3) Press the start button"
    OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Click image for larger version

Name:	e8df01a5d8a62c6b9eaa5aede8402633.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	1051743
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

It looks great doesn't it? about 1000 quid, but what a toy!
      I wonder how good the discs (basically lathe cuts) will turn out ...
      "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

It's already reached its goal!

Comment

I'm wrong .... €1999 retail price.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
            I'm wrong .... €1999 retail price.
            999 was the Kickstarter price for the first 30 pledges
            OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

What larks. I remember those booths at the seaside. My sister and her friend were bundled into one at Leysdown and I can still hear my mum saying, "This is Julie and Karen playing The Old Grey Goose Is Dead". The record was smaller than a 7" as I recall.
              "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                What larks. I remember those booths at the seaside. My sister and her friend were bundled into one at Leysdown and I can still hear my mum saying, "This is Julie and Karen playing The Old Grey Goose Is Dead". The record was smaller than a 7" as I recall.
                Wow, what a memory ... still got it? More importantly, is it on Discogs?

Comment

Originally posted by e3sa934 View Post

999 was the Kickstarter price for the first 30 pledges
                  The early birds catch the worms, and probably get the privilege of getting rid of all the bugs in the unit too. After all the pledges are gone, it'll be €1999 ...

I hope it turns out to be as good as they say ... not all kickstarter campaigns go so smoothly. Let's hope this one does.

Comment

Wow, what a memory ... still got it? More importantly, is it on Discogs?
                    I'm sure my mum has it (or my sister) tucked away in a 'sentimental' box. It would be a great wheeze to make a discogs listing for it. The other thing I remember was that as my mum is speaking you can hear cars going past outside the booth. I seem to recall the booth being reasonably small- barely big enough to contain my mum and two small girls- so you could hardly have got your group together and set up all your gear to knock out a deathless rendition of Teenage Rampage for posterity.

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

I'm sure my mum has it (or my sister) tucked away in a 'sentimental' box. It would be a great wheeze to make a discogs listing for it.
                      It would be legit! & within hours, you'd have 200 wants ...

Comment

It would be legit! & within hours, you'd have 200 wants ...
                        You could be right. Remove my mums voice and you'd have meandering folk-psych-flute (it's two recorders but who'd know) private press. Oooofff!

Comment

Working...
                        X