Fischer & Epstein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fischer & Epstein

I've just got hold of a copy of the Fischer & Epstein "Two Faced" joint LP where each takes a side. I'm really digging it and thought it was State side but turns out both artists;
    Bruce Epstein and Jack Fischer are English.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 14.22.23.png
Views:	183
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	1052185

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 14.22.11.png
Views:	177
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	1052186

The album features a wonderful assortment of session players but I can find little apart from a mention in Billboard dated; April 28, 1973, that states; Fischer & Epstein are two English writer-singers sharing their debut LP.

Epstein has a credit on Kenny Young and Yvonne Elliman LPs and Fischer has a songwriter credit on a track by The San Franciscans and an odd Country track from Sheila Andrews.

Any body throw up some more info on these two ?

Much obliged !

- - - -

Maybe its downbeat with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals but it is an excellent example of a downbeat mix with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals

A heathen, conceivably, but not, I hope, an unenlightened one

http://www.mixcloud.com/paulhillery/

I have managed to track down Jack Fischer in Colorado and I'm going to interview him and write an article and post it on my blog so if any one want's to find out where this goes I will post a link in time . . .

I'm also half way through an interview with David Riordan who was the man behind Wilderness America
    , A Celebration Of The Land so I'll post a link to that too.

I wrote a piece about the private press release Summer Madness a few months back, that has connections with Robert Oban, Beaver & Krause, and Country Joe & The Fish - here
    - - - -

Maybe its downbeat with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals but it is an excellent example of a downbeat mix with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals

Comment

Interesting read is your blog

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
        Is that Jay or Yoda speaking?
        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
          Cheers man
          - - - -

Comment

Working...
          X