Discogs seller tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discogs seller tips

Anyone got any Discogs seller tips found through either good or bad experiences?

I'll start with mine for photographing records before I send them. Take a photo of the record with a flash, and you can see pretty clearly how clean the record is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20191120_205302 (1).jpg
Views:	225
Size:	326.1 KB
ID:	1052312

What do you think? Useful? Crap? Have at it!

"White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

send everything signed for. especially if they send loads of questions.
    take the record out of the main sleeve before posting
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
      send everything signed for. especially if they send loads of questions.
      take the record out of the main sleeve before posting
      deffo
      "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

i always find that the people that send loads of messages, or just act odd always have records that go missing.
        i found that the peel and seal mailer from here

https://www.kitepackaging.co.uk/scp/...-lp-packaging/

and 2 thick stiffeners from music max has stopped all bent corner complaints. it costs a little more, but buying in bulk helps. plus it saves you money in the long run.

ive had people complain that a record is "ruined" and demanded a full refund, but when asked for photos a tiny crease on the cover was the only problem.

instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

* never use Mint (unless sealed), always NM or lower
          * fill out the description field, not just grade
          * leave buyer feedback immediately, much quicker than trying to find orders from the feedback page later (can always remove feedback later if they turn out to be a scammer)
          * photos/soundclips only for expensive or rare stuff, also most people asking questions are timewasters or trouble
          * only mark as "payment received" once confirmed address is correct (either both match up or if different which one buyer wants to use). If item is expensive and the addresses don't match cancel order and ask them to buy again with the correct address.
          * don't do anything until "payment received" - so many people moaning in the forum about non-paying buyers etc - just wait until payment received and then get the record out to pack etc.

Comment

Discogs buyers are infinitely more honest than evilbay buyers.
            I only send stuff registered (£4) extra overseas if about £40 and over and never have any problems - you will get more sales this way if you are selling a lot.
            If I used evilbay I would never do this and send everything registered no exceptions as the amount of thief’s, chancers, con artists, liars, lunatics and scumbags on that wretched company is never ending.
            The problem customers are very rare on Discogs.

Always fake the customs label value and mark as a gift.

Remember to add your address to rear in case it comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post

ive had people complain that a record is "ruined" and demanded a full refund, but when asked for photos a tiny crease on the cover was the only problem.
              Sorry to hijack the thread almost straightaway, but I had just this the other day - sold a Sainsbury coloured vinyl special to someone 20 miles from me - he messaged me to tell me to pack it carefully - which I would've anyway - so I packed it in a Lilpackaging flatpack, taped another one with a stiffener in it to that, then wrapped it in an Amazon mailer with loads of tape - I reckon it was protected by nine layers of cardboard. Get a message two days later "it's got a bent corner", so I asked him to send a picture, plus one of the mailer. This he did - I could barely make anything out of the corner ding, and the picture he sent of the mailer was one of the inner ones, which had a little crease. So anyway, I offered him a refund and to pay his return postage. He wanted the refund upfront so I did that and added £4.55 and asked him to send it First Class Signed For. It arrived back with me, sent Second Class Signed For I noticed. Well, the corner ding is maybe a 2mm crease on the bottom front corner - barely noticeable - and doesn't show at all on the back, and I think it's really just the the cellophane that's pulling it in a little

So my question is - should I block him?

Sorry again for the hijack!
              North of the River Cole

Comment

Originally posted by RedX View Post

So my question is - should I block him?
                If by 'block him' you mean send him a giant box of Pampers nappies then the answer is no- you've wasted enough on that idiot already.. If you don't mean that then yes, of course you should block him, and let him know that if he played the record that tiny ding would be non-sounding.
                "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Relist your stock twice a day so it’s always popping up on potential buyers’ want lists

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                    Relist your stock twice a day so it’s always popping up on potential buyers’ want lists

Comment

Also meant to say that my 'horror story' related to the 'bay

North of the River Cole

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                        Tongue in cheek? This practice of course massively compromises the use of wantlists. I hardly ever look at my notifications anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
                          Anyone got any Discogs seller tips found through either good or bad experiences?

I'll start with mine for photographing records before I send them. Take a photo of the record with a flash, and you can see pretty clearly how clean the record is.

Some people may think it looks played to death

Comment

20 miles away? I'd have driven over to collect it. And then he'd meet me.
                            Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

You've managed to make your LP look like a CD! Far out...

Comment

Working...
                              X