Discogs seller tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
    * If you have a lot of stock, store your records for sale in the order you created the listing. Storing alphabetically is a huge pain in the ass. If you can’t find a record easily then order your itinerary by item number & skim through for the other records you listed around the same time.
    * Accept fault if someone complains, even if you think they’re trying it on. Offer them the option to return for a full refund or a partial refund & they keep the record to reflect the problem, then put it down to the game & move on. If you really think you’ve been scammed then block the buyer.
    Both very good points - I like to keep my records I'm selling in several piles and boxes in various parts of the house so that if I sell a record I have no idea if I still have it and have to go off in a panic. Organised.

And the accepting fault is a very good point also - I've found that buyers seem to expect an argument if they make a complaint, so if I'm apologetic and happy to accept it's my fault and offer to sort out the problems, 99.99% of the time they are happy to accept and leave good feedback. It's very, very occasionally that I think someone is actually trying it on, but for the sake of a £15 record, you just grin and bear it and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

"The Service in only available to holders of a UK PayPal account whose access has not been suspended or limited"
      Fine if you are in the UK, not otherwise
      Nope, it works for most countries that have Paypal. I'm yet to find a customer in a country that hasn't been able to use it - small sample size again, thankfully.

This is from Paypal: Global customers

Your PayPal customers from 46 countries can also activate the Return Shipping on Us service on eligible PayPal purchases. Our banners automatically appear in the right language for them.

And these are the countries:

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, USA and UK.

WF

Comment

Originally posted by Willy-Fogg View Post

Nope, it works for most countries that have Paypal. I'm yet to find a customer in a country that hasn't been able to use it - small sample size again, thankfully.

This is from Paypal: Global customers

Your PayPal customers from 46 countries can also activate the Return Shipping on Us service on eligible PayPal purchases. Our banners automatically appear in the right language for them.

And these are the countries:

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, USA and UK.

WF
        As usual in matters Paypal, Japan is absent when it comes to anything useful.
        "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

My advise (as a buyer): try to always send photos when asked, however small the value of the record. Also, avoid irony.

Recent example; I asked a seller to send me photos of two records that cost 60 USD each. The seller (abruptly) refused to do so as the records "were as new as the day they were released". Result; one record arrived "as new as the day it was released" but the other was not even the correct pressing.

I asked politely for a partial refund for the wrong record in order to avoid posting it back to Denmark but the seller replied "how much refund can you live with" ... what a character...

Anyways, the record was shipped back pronto, I lost money on mail and on the exchange rate just because he refused to send photos of two expensive (imo) records. Lesson learned; never buy without checking photos first. If seller refuses to send photos, just move on to next seller.
          Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
            * Don’t set a high feedback requirement for buyers. Almost all buyer negatives are for non-payment & often come in a bunch when the account has just been opened. The worst that can happen is they don’t pay in which case cancel the order and relist.
            * Proof of postage on all post items is better than registered for everything. Like someone upthread I have a high (£35) cutoff for mandatory insurance, which I think encourages more sales.
            * Switch on ‘make an offer’ for everything that’s unsold for over 9 months. Also reduce prices regularly.
            * Use hard card mailers rather than the cruciform ones; they take up much less storage space. there are some great new ones which Pop Classics use.
            * Log a feedback query if you get neutral or negative feedback without prior contact & say ‘No effort to resolve issues before leaving negative feedback’. Discogs moderators will always take it down.
            * Check the number of watchers and other copies for sale before pricing and pitch up if lots of watchers & few other copies.
            * If you have a lot of stock, store your records for sale in the order you created the listing. Storing alphabetically is a huge pain in the ass. If you can’t find a record easily then order your itinerary by item number & skim through for the other records you listed around the same time.
            * Accept fault if someone complains, even if you think they’re trying it on. Offer them the option to return for a full refund or a partial refund & they keep the record to reflect the problem, then put it down to the game & move on. If you really think you’ve been scammed then block the buyer.
            * If you’re selling sealed records include a disclaimer in your sales blurb to say you’re not responsible if there’s a warp, pressing fault, split to inner sleeve etc.
            * I always send photos & soundfiles if asked, whatever the price. I’ve had quite a few repeat sales as a result, it’s good karma. And quite often I can reuse old pics & soundclips if it doesn’t sell first time round.
            * if someone logs a derisory offer letting the clock run down for the full 4 days feels more satisfactory than rejecting immediately. But maybe that’s just me...
            Don't set a high feedback requirement. That's interesting. Going to mull that one. I think you may well be right.

Good advice on all the others.
            "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

Don't set a high feedback requirement. That's interesting. Going to mull that one. I think you may well be right.

Good advice on all the others.
              Blimey mines set at 95% , gets rid of most of the wasters , stress free that way

I get the odd message "its blocked me why cant I buy from you" to which I send them the link to their dozen or more negative feedbacks

Oh and unless its some cheap record I dont want back at any cost I never offer part refunds , just ask them to send it back and give them their money back
              I've had a few "record has arrived cracked at the edge or it skips" when I refuse part refund and offer full refund and to pay return postage it all goes quiet and the record is never returned, just price gougers

Comment

Originally posted by reza View Post

Blimey mines set at 95% , gets rid of most of the wasters , stress free that way
                Each to his / her own I guess, but I don't see much correlation between low feedback score and increased hassle. As I said, most of the buyers with negatives have automatic negs from failure to purchase when they first opened their accounts. I'd be harming my sales to rule them all out, & I can't see any benefit in terms of less aggravation.

Comment

I used to have it set lower and got plenty of buyers with many negs from failure to purchase and after 5 days they didnt purchase from me either so got yet another neg , I dont need them

Comment

Originally posted by reza View Post
                    I used to have it set lower and got plenty of buyers with many negs from failure to purchase and after 5 days they didnt purchase from me either so got yet another neg , I dont need them
                    How much are you selling on Discogs these days? Are you still elreza or have you got a new account?

Comment

yes I am and very little to be fair , odd rares'

Comment

Working...
                      X