2020 Death Notices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goodies - Greatest Hits

Tim Brooke-Taylor, sadly a victim of Covid 19. A great loss to British comedy.
    The Downstairs Lounge
    http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
    http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Ryo Kawasaki died sometime in the past day or so according to Estonian musicians (he lived there).
      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Moraes Moreira of Novos Baianos

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

BOHANNON BOHANNON BOHANNON
          BOHANNON BOHANNON
          BOHANNON
          BOHANNON BOHANNON
          BOHANNON

BOHANNON BOHANNON
          BOHANNON
          BOHANNON BOHANNON BOHANNON BOHANNON
          BOHANNON BOHANNON
          BOHANNON BOHANNON BOHANNON
          BOHANNONBOHANNON BOHANNON BOHANNON BOHANNON BOHANNON BOHANNON
          BOHANNON BOHANNONBOHANNON BOHANNON BOHANNON BOHANNON BOHANNON BOHANNON
          BOHANNON BOHANNON
          BOHANNON
          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Let's Start The Dance was once of the 1st dance records that made me realize I was missing out by only listening to punk and rock. I shall play it later ...
            "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Formative years for me. Memories of local rugby club disco - Bohannon, Kool and the Gang, Fatback Band, James Brown.

Comment

Tony Allen died yesterday, aged 79

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
                  Tony Allen died yesterday, aged 79
                  Very very sad ... 79, much too young. The greatest drummer in the world? Fela has been quoted as saying that without Tony Allen, there would have been no Afrobeat.
                  "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

RIP Dave Greenfield

Comment

I just heard Jonathan Kelly died a few days ago.
                      Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Millie Small who had a bit with My Boy Lollipop has died aged 73. She had a stroke. Apparently Rod Stewart played harmonica on the record which sold six million copies.
                        eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

Comment

that harmonica is a pop mystery! - Millie claims Rod Stewart played it, other people involved think it was someone else, and a third person involved in the recording claims he played it...

The history of the song is quite interesting, just been reading up on wikipedia - I know the Barbie Gaye original well but didn't realise she was only 14 at the time and got paid $200 for singing it and coming up with the arrangement and changing the lyrics (Morris Levy had already ripped off the original songwriters)

Also another death - Florian Schneider from Kraftwerk, who was 73
                          Last edited by bongolia; 06-05-2020, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Kraftwerk founder Florian Schneider dies at 73
                            The German quartet set the template for electronic music and influenced scores of other artists.
                            Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Too many names from my youth appearing here at the moment and most only in their early 70s. That's way too young to die

Comment

Rapper Ty has died from complications due to the coronavirus (aged 47)

https://www.nme.com/news/music/uk-mu...avirus-2661787

Comment

Working...
                                X