2020 reissues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 reissues

Shelagh McDonald's first LP is getting a reissue at the beginning of February. Annoyingly it's being pressed on 'silver' vinyl.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

You could always ... er ... paint it black ...

sorry ...
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
      Shelagh McDonald's first LP is getting a reissue at the beginning of February. Annoyingly it's being pressed on 'silver' vinyl.

Who's putting out the Shelagh McDonald reissue?
      Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

Has anyone here bought the Tubby Hayes Fontana box set on vinyl? Any comments on the sound? Also it's strange that the vinyl set is only sold online.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie View Post

Who's putting out the Shelagh McDonald reissue?
          Music On Vinyl.
          "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

Music On Vinyl.
            Cheers !

Comment

RSD 2020 catalogue: https://imgur.com/gallery/yjsBe0e

Not that I usually bother with RSD, but there's a few interesting things getting a reissue in amongst the pointless - Don Shinn, Barry Dransfield, Davy Graham & Shirley Collins (been reissued a few times I think?)

Really hard to read the catalogue/website though since it's always in alphabetical order instead of by genre...

Comment

Mellow Candle - Swaddling Songs

Comment

also board favourite Sandie Shaw - Reviewing the Situation LP (as a double so I wonder what the extra tracks will be?)

Comment

Another vintage Fall live set (Reykjavik 1983).
                    Hawkwind at the BBC 1972 (think I have this on CD), plus a 2LP reissue of Quark, Strangeness & Charm, but no word on what's on the bonus disc.
                    Cross & Ross reissue - the "English Eagles" apparently (I haven't heard it so I don't know if that's accurate; Keith Cross was in T2 and Bulldog Breed).
                    Raw Material 2LP set on Sunbeam combining the first LP and the album they recorded as Sounds Progressive.
                    Unreleased (why?) final Wolfgang Press LP.

Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

London Jazz 4 - Elizabethan Songbook

Comment

Ellen Fullman - “In the sea”.

Difficult to be sure about this as there are few clips up and I haven’t got the original cassette-only release. But what I have heard sounds like a rather more static version of Stephen Scott (of bowed piano fame).
                        Last edited by Grim Lounge Cowboy; 08-03-2020, 06:08 AM. Reason: Oh, there’s a clip...

Comment

Got an email from Soundohm about a reissue of Black Unity Trio’s “Al-Fatihah”. Fantastic free jazz and I was super excited until I read the following:

“In our excitement about this reissue, we leapt at getting copies from the distributor, but realized after the fact that we are not 100% certain of how authorized it is, and are unable to gain conformation. In this light, we offer it to our costumers with a light disclaimer to this end.”

So now disappointment has replaced excitement.

Don’t really want to link to it if it’s a bootleg but it’s on Soundohm’s website.

Edit: Also saw this: https://www.facebook.com/57471644974...597754975/?d=n

Could that possibly be the same reissue? Soundohm has copies in stock, seems too soon.

Update: Not the same reissues.
                          Last edited by TommyB; 13-03-2020, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Ooooh, want that.

Comment

I would (and will) definitely wait for the reissue Gotta Groove is organizing that is planned later this year, it’s done the right way: http://blackunitytrio.com

Last edited by TommyB; 17-03-2020, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X