• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New releases March 2020

A new Kirchin!
    https://trunkrecords.greedbag.com/buy/everyday-madness/
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

“Weird experiments” might be a trial. The jazz thing would be the draw for me. A clip would be nice.

Comment

Yes, wouldn't it?
      Not exactly hard to do these days is it?
      Still haven't forgiven Mr Trunk for I Start Counting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
        Still haven't forgiven Mr Trunk for I Start Counting.
        And I still haven't given him the praise he deserves for it.
        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

And I still haven't given him the praise he deserves for it.
          It doesn't bother you that one track of I Start Counting is on the B side? That bugged me so much, I didn't buy it.

Comment

It doesn't bother you that one track of I Start Counting is on the B side? That bugged me so much, I didn't buy it.
            That is a little annoying, and I expect it will be something to do with sound quality. I get more annoyed when an LP is pressed on two separate records, playing at 45rpm for the sake of better sound. I'm sure the systems (and ears) most of us use wouldn't pick anything up. However, having said that, I don't always want to pass up the chance to get hold of something which is terrifically hard to come by in it's original pressing (even if it has to be on a 2 LP 45rpm job) or, in the case of 'I Start Counting', totally delightful and never before available. There are plenty around so you can still rectify your error.
            "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

According to Spotify the final track of Counting is over 5 minutes long, which would make the side 22 or 23 mins long. So, probably done for timing, but with a good cutting engineer, not undoable at all.

I'll rectify my error one of these days ...

Comment

Just released, new Children of Leir 12" . If you're not aware of them, the band are from Leicester and Hamburg and are purveyors of "motorik-driven, mystyical- horror infuenced, psychedelic folk pop" (to quote their FB info) The Hamburg element is German DJ & producer Helena Hauff. Edition of 100, I got my copy from Juno
                OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

This is up on Spotify now, so we can all have a good listen. The first couple of minutes sounded intriguing if a little challenging.

Comment

Working...
                  X