X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corona affects

Is Corona virus affecting you?

Is your name Fernando Corona?

People at my company are gradually migrating to telework. I can't wait!

Skiving Turbo

"White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Will probably take a bath on the holiday booking to Europe we made some time back.

A local vinyl vendor was telling me his sales have dried up.

Comment

Sales of the Mexican Corona beer have plummeted. They have lost £132 million in sales so far.
      eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

Comment

No record fairs, no flea markets, no carboots, no new secondhand records turning up in local shops (deliveries of new releases seems unaffected), no MOTD (!), no pubs or restaurants (doesnt bother me much TBH) and now I have to work from home, with both boys (early teenage) also at home "remote learning" via microsoft teams and driving my wife up the walls.
        I don't know if its Corona or not but something is definitely trying to kill me.

Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

I can't leave the house except for food or taking bins out. I am locked down with my lad and i have not dressed properly for two days. I have listened to loads of my records properly and all we need is an xbox contoller to make life perfect.
          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
            I can't leave the house except for food or taking bins out. I am locked down with my lad and i have not dressed properly for two days. I have listened to loads of my records properly and all we need is an xbox contoller to make life perfect.
            I'm in lockdown since last Friday in Athens. Like in Spain, Greeks do not leave home except for food and work. All shops except super markets and pharmacies are closed.

My scheduled trip to London next month is cancelled but honestly I couldn't care less about the lost trip money.

​​I work in the tourist sector and it looks like the summer season is over before it started. I can telework but at the moment work is non existent. Also Greece has barely exited the financial crisis and the situation is bleak.

I only wish we do not become the next Italy.

Just one advise for the UK fellows here. Do not listen to BoJo and his nonsense talk. Please stay in as long as you can, if possible all day. This is not flu, it is a far more dangerous virus. Stay safe people.
            Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

My wife is in Australia and got at text yesterday from Singapore airlines return flight cancelled no more flights out till 31st, she's had to pay for another carrier and route to get home this weekend

luckily my wife and me can work from home, apart from food havn't been out this week

Comment

I'm just waiting for the neighbours to ask me to open my windows and do a DJ set to the street...

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
                  I'm just waiting for the neighbours to ask me to open my windows and do a DJ set to the street...
                  Some truly awful news from here

https://www.foreigner.fi/articulo/ne...258004890.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kurtis K View Post
                    Heaven save us from bloody well-meaning trance fans ... I shall be entertaining my neighbourhood with my solo interpretations of various Toru Takemitsu pieces, using only a dinner knife and a dinner plate.

Comment

As I'm teleworking I can now log on to VG+ while listening to terrible two hour long phone meeting and be distracted when the one important aspect is mentioned. This is still a bit of a lark but I think its gonna become grim in a week or two.
                      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
                        As I'm teleworking I can now log on to VG+ while listening to terrible two hour long phone meeting and be distracted when the one important aspect is mentioned. This is still a bit of a lark but I think its gonna become grim in a week or two.
                        Agreed, things are drying up. I roast coffee and after all the cafes and restaurants, hotels etc closing, we're sitting on a lot of stock thats potentially going to go stale. And all the smaller independent places that might never reopen. Sighs. Im well stocked up for now though.

Lets hope there's a flicker of light at this dark tunnel.

In the meantime I can learn everything there is to know about modular synthesis, brush up on my science and English literature, rearrange my humble abode for maximum creative output and save money.

If things get too bad I will just sell everything and invest in something high risk.

The weather was nice today though.

Comment

In Japan, people still think it's OK to walk through crowded parks looking at cherry blossoms. Maybe they are suicide squads ...

Comment

my local beach live webcam , it finally seems to be sinking in after last weekend when it was packed with people

https://www.urbanreef.com/about-us/surf-webcam/

Comment

I wonder if there will be a spate of vinyl sales as folks sell to pay the bills.

Comment

Working...
                              X