Institute of screamology 7"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Institute of screamology 7"

A 7" released around 1990 to 1992 which was recordings of a session of screamology therapy.

I 100% owned this and i 100% threw it in the bin because it completely did my head in.

Of course now i want the pleasure of doing my own head in and can no longer find it anywhere.

does anyone know what this was?
    Chimptown, now twinned with Cockermouth, Penistone and Big Beaver, Pennsylvania..

might be in here
    The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

It was purely spoken word, US import, and i thought it was on rrrecords but i cant see it anywhere in their discography. And thats all i can remember.
      Chimptown, now twinned with Cockermouth, Penistone and Big Beaver, Pennsylvania..

Comment

Sounds a bit late to be a genuine recording of therapy? Was it one of those 'weird comedy' records like Greg Turkington?
        Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Well yes.. was it an actual recording or was it just actors... im saying it was institure of screamology but it could have been some equally hokey named 'establishmemt' - was it old found recordings that got released for whatever reason, a hoax... cant remember. All i can remember is it doing my head in entirely, that it was a 7", usa import circa 90-92, white cover, and i think on one of those industrial / noise / grim electronics labels, and recordings (true or fake) of therapy sessions using screamology - the kind of label that would normally release 'assault on cum mountain by the ventolin twins' or some such things.

Memory is hazy... wasnt a good record at all... but was certainly something.

Comment

Tell me it was this on RRRecords ...

International Institute for Screamscape Studies ...
            Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

All Dr.Vicekopf's records are essential.

If this screamology release you're looking for came out in 1991 on RRR or related, then there's a very good chance it was 'reviewed' in Bananafish, so you might find mention of it there.
              Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Haha you utter legends. Yes!!!!

Comment

Looking at the cover and blurb on the back im still non the wiser what this record was but this is what i was babbling on about.

Comment

I think that website I linked to above is the artist's own. He seems to be a writer/dramatist/sound artist who's released and written lots of interesting stuff.

Probably not as interesting as

'assault on cum mountain by the ventolin twins'
                    which has to be one of the best VG+ imaginary records ...

Comment

Yes Mr Whitehead seems quite the man about the mind town.

Someone to investigate further in the depths of winter

Comment

Working...
                      X