Show us the worst record sleeve in your collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us the worst record sleeve in your collection

Mine has to be this ... Taboo 7" by Perez Prado ... what the fucking fuck were they thinking at RCA Japan?!?!?

And look at the bloke's legs ... they have creepy white worms crawling on them ...

Beat this one ... I triple dare you!

"White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Oh, btw the geezer is saying something like: "And I love you too, baby." Yeah, right. Wash those minging slacks.
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

The Meditation Singers LP 'Alright'. Could be an early work by the famous Spanish art restorer/genius who gave us Monkey Christ.

Comment

That Meditation singers cover really is bad.

I'm not sure the cover of Swamp Dogg's Total Destruction To Your Mind would give anyone a clue as to the fantastic music to be found on the record. His sleeve notes, which he calls 'Biographical Trifles are great- as are his 'relevant quotes', "No Commercial possibilities", "I'd like to guide your career. I honestly believe you could be as big as Clarence Reid". I'm sure people look at it and think 'what an awful cover'. How wrong they are.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

I have quite a few Latin American cheesecake sleeves and quite a few swimming pool sleeves but this one is among the least alluring.

80s reissue to promote Miami Vice connection.
          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I'm sure they never really thought this Aretha one through, and they certainly didn't try very hard on the back cover.

Comment

need to have a think, but I did briefly own this Van Morrison & the Chieftains LP a few months back which is pretty bad, especially considering the big names

Click image for larger version

Name:	van_chieftains.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	1053997

Comment

Now i could play this game for days if i had the patience to work out a way to get pictues up on this board...

But I humbly submit this one from my instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_e9muIpkop/

Although private press covers probably don't count verses major label names and artistic attrocities...
                In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
                  Now i could play this game for days if i had the patience to work out a way to get pictues up on this board...
                  I just copy and paste most of the time.
                  "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
                    I just right click and save the image locally, or download from Google Drive etc, then "Upload Attachments", choose file, then move the cursor to where you want it to appear in your message, and select the size...

But I humbly submit this one from my instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_e9muIpkop/

Although private press covers probably don't count verses major label names and artistic attrocities...
                    I like that sleeve, I don't think he looks odd, but maybe that's because around 25% of all men round this part of London look exactly like that.

Comment

Regretting not picking up this rather unflattering photo of a toothy smile recently (athough music looked like jazz/lounge/show tunes standards rather than anything more fun)

Name:	20200303_125517.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	1054002

Comment

Amazing, someone else has a copy of Jayson Lee - that album started my obsession with private press cabaret records! I've got two copies, actually - I just can't resist his alluring smile.

Music is typical club crooner fare, but sounds a bit posher than ususal because it uses recycled backing tracks from Avenue Records 'A Tribute To....' albums

Comment

These are all brilliant.

The latin swimming pool sleeve is totally 'reader's wives'.

The Van Morrison one is unforgiveable!

Originally posted by candiman View Post
                          I'm sure they never really thought this Aretha one through, and they certainly didn't try very hard on the back cover.
                          It's a fascinating sleeve. I've always thought that the front indicates a huge amount of weed-fueled conceptual thinking and that the back is on a kind of folksy street art trip. Both are in a 'we shall build black America' vibe.

This is one I picked up when I was 16 or 17 and have kept since ... 'organs in the gorse':

Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

A couple of more shockers ... this one should go in the puns thread too, of course.

Name:	407b80b8be55f8f9a81a91bc7cf1b76df167c889.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	1054008

Probably the less said about this (lots of worse sins in NWOBHM sleeves though ...)

Name:	de96436fb3736b6ad3e7b64c934190d861fb0465.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	1054009

Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Bryan Smith has a whole discography of bad sleeves. Well, almost all. The only one of his I've found ("at sea") just has a ship on the front and a disappointingly tiny B&W photo of him in a white nautical uniform with shorts on the back

Comment

Working...
                              X