New Releases May 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Releases May 2020

If anyone's interested in what I'm doing with my little label ... 2 new releases yesterday (mailing out mid-month):

DIT-017 12" EP by Blanchard - clear lathe-cut of stoner/noise rock - edition of 25 - sold out within half an hour
    DIT-006 10" EP by Smaragdus - clear lathe-cut of dark ambient/dungeon synth inspired by the ancient sites of Ynys Mon (inc screen-printed sleeve & a booklet) - edition of 40 - 20 up for sale now 20 retained for launch event in Sheffield - handful left of first tranche

https://doitthissenrecords.bandcamp.com/merch

OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Are you making rekkids? Then we're interested.

Not sure why you're telling us about stuff that's already sold out, though ...

"White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

I just ordered this from Red Yeti Records, there are only 300 of them and that was the only place I could find it
      more info : https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/p...ure-soundtrack
      The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
        Are you making rekkids? Then we're interested.

Not sure why you're telling us about stuff that's already sold out, though ...
        Yes, mainly lathe-cuts (7", 8" &10", occasionally 12"), although if I really like the tracks I've been offered, I'll go for a vinyl pressing.

Re the sold-out release ... might be a second edition, when the band get back to gigging again. Who knew that stoner/noise by a Chesterfield band would be so popular?
        OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

this, in a funky library/soundtrack style, has been out a few months but I only just discovered it:

The Sorcerers "In Search of the Lost City of the Monkey God"
          https://sorcerers.bandcamp.com/album...the-monkey-god

also there's a second album and repressing of the first album by Sven Wunder
          https://www.discogs.com/artist/7270658-Sven-Wunder

but they were already rather pricey, after I ordered them from Norman Records the price has now gone up to 29.99 each

Comment

that Sorcerers album is superb
            The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

I agree. Sounds excellent.

Comment

Cavern of Anti Matter just released a new one. It's a 3LP soundtrack to Peter Strickland's 'In Fabric'. I decided I could live without it, and it looks like it may be sold out already due to the lure of it coming in a brown paper bag but maybe interested parties could find it somewhere. I think I'm becoming a little cynical about this kind of thing. It was announced yesterday and is sold out today. If you had been interested, and had been busy yesterday- maybe even at work, or looking after your kids- and not seen any emails, then you'd be buggered. Must people be constantly attached to their 'devices' if they are fans of a group and would like to buy their music. In their defence I could possibly say perhaps they underestimated the audience for a soundtrack LP which is a little on the tedious side and runs to three LPs... but maybe not
                "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                  Cavern of Anti Matter just released a new one. It's a 3LP soundtrack to Peter Strickland's 'In Fabric'. I decided I could live without it, and it looks like it may be sold out already due to the lure of it coming in a brown paper bag but maybe interested parties could find it somewhere. I think I'm becoming a little cynical about this kind of thing. It was announced yesterday and is sold out today. If you had been interested, and had been busy yesterday- maybe even at work, or looking after your kids- and not seen any emails, then you'd be buggered. Must people be constantly attached to their 'devices' if they are fans of a group and would like to buy their music. In their defence I could possibly say perhaps they underestimated the audience for a soundtrack LP which is a little on the tedious side and runs to three LPs... but maybe not
                  I bought it expecting to find some nice crusty farmhouse bread. When I discovered there was no food in it, I took it back to the shop for a refund. Cheeky buggers.

Comment

I bought it expecting to find some nice crusty farmhouse bread. When I discovered there was no food in it, I took it back to the shop for a refund. Cheeky buggers.
                    You took it back? You fool! Someone's already trying to flog one for £70 on Discogs.

Comment

You took it back? You fool! Someone's already trying to flog one for £70 on Discogs.
                      I was hungry.

Comment

I was hungry.
                        It's all about the homemade sourdough chez nous.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

It's all about the homemade sourdough chez nous.
                          So it's you that's been buying all the flour.

Comment

So it's you that's been buying all the flour.
                            Not guilty chief! We had some in the cupboard and scored just one bag a few weeks back. For some Italians - fresh bread is even more important than football.

Comment

I'm waiting for the latest Jerry Paper album to be left at my doorstep ~

Following 2018’s ‘Like A Baby’, his new record ‘Abracadabra’ is set to land on 15th May via Stones Throw, and to celebrate he’s giving us a lil’ taste of what to expect with first cut ‘Quicksand’.

A melodic woozy-pop number, it’s a gorge intro to the new record, and the perfect dose of the weird and wonderful pop stylings we’ve come to love from the LA-based artist.

Click image for larger version

Name:	a0478067739_10.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	310.3 KB
ID:	1054169

Want to know more about Jerry ? Go straight here . . .

Or Bandcamp
                              - - - -

Maybe its downbeat with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals but it is an excellent example of a downbeat mix with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals

A heathen, conceivably, but not, I hope, an unenlightened one

http://www.mixcloud.com/paulhillery/

Comment

Working...
                              X