Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the fucking fuck is going on with the Solaris OST?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the fucking fuck is going on with the Solaris OST?

How many versions of the original movie's OST are there?

Anyone got a handle on this?
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

The one I have is superb ...
    https://www.discogs.com/Eduard-Artem...elease/4596221

Just wondering about some of the others ... I can't work out what's going on ...

Only interested in the Eduard Artemiev composed versions for the moment ...

Comment

Oh and one more, if I may ... opinions on the new(er) score?

Comment

Are there that many variations? Is yours different to this one?
        View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1995 CD release of Andrey Tarkovsky Vol. 3. Solaris = 惑星ソラリス on Discogs.
        Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Damn that's an ugly 'add link' function.

Is yours different sonically to the one I mentioned ?Obviously the music is banded differently and all pieces are untitled, but is it in fact the same music and performance? I seem to recall a piece about this in an old issue of Audion, but I don't have it myself and I'm probably misremembering anyway.
          Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

It's a bit hard to tell because of the different banding, as you mentioned, but mine is 40 mins long, and the CD is 50 mins ... I also read that Eduard Artemiev re-recorded the soundtrack in 1989 and '90 because the original made for the '72 movie was not available ...

Superior Viaduct claim that theirs is the first-time official release of the original soundtrack:
            https://www.superiorviaduct.com/prod...-soundtrack-lp

Mine is on the Japanese Columbia label, which is described on Discogs as an unoffical release, which seems a little unlikely ...

I've got that jack russel with trousers between gritted teeth feeling ...

Anyway I suspect the version I have and the SV version are largely the same ...

I hadn't heard of Audion magazine ... that looks like another rabbit hole ...

Comment

Working...
            X