Free Jazz against racism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Jazz against racism

Does it work? Should I get some Peter Brotzmann ready for casually racist relatives at Christmas??
    "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

Interesting and looks like it was fun. However even translated into English the description doesn't really give us any context as to what we're actually watching. To be blunt at base level it looks like nothing more than a bunch of folk shouting down another bunch of folk they don't agree with, which is kind of childish even if they are "racist"

Comment

Originally posted by Abe View Post
        a bunch of folk shouting down another bunch of folk they don't agree with, which is kind of childish even if they are "racist"
        So what? Let em march? Invite them to a reasoned debate and give them the legitimacy they want. Fuck that and hose the bastards with fire music.

Vardy.....¬°¬°¬°PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post

So what? Let em march? Invite them to a reasoned debate and give them the legitimacy they want. Fuck that and hose the bastards with fire music.
          Good grief. I simply commented that even following the links it isn't apparent what is actually going on in the video.

Are they bastards? Are they racists? I don't know because even trying to piece stuff together on Google translate I still didn't know who they were protesting against or what they believed. Plus considering how much the word racist is banded about these days I need a little more convincing than a random four word forum post.

Comment

Not difficult to find more info - the gofundme page about the band says "'Free Jazz Mod Paludan - FJMP' is potentially Denmark's largest band, which aims to accompany racially convicted Rasmus Paludan around the country with free jazz accompaniments and improvisations. Everyone can join except him. He must not.'

More about Rasmus Paludan here, sounds like a racist who actively seeks confrontation and demonises minorities. More power to the free jazz band & their efforts to drown him out - love it!

Comment

That starts to get pretty good at about 38 seconds in.
              "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

also on a Jazz tip...

it's an album and a spoof doc featuring Mark Radcliffe, and it's OK
                The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Working...
                X