GLOBAL MAIL DURING LOCKDOWN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLOBAL MAIL DURING LOCKDOWN

Hello old and new friends. Can anybody make me feel better about postage times from overseas during these troubled times? (Among others) I have three delayed incoming deliveries that I'm starting to worry about... One from Australia to the UK (6 weeks) One from America to the UK (5 weeks) One from Sweden (4 weeks)... Do you think I should be worried? Starting to think I should have waited till things calm down, but had to jump on some grails. I personally send 100 parcels out every week (mostly overseas) and haven't had many problems at all... I'm also hoping that I don't wait patiently for too long and miss-the-boat on Discogs feedback appeals. I'm generally patient, so if anybody else feels that this seems normal given the climate the I'll go back to sitting in the porch. Hope y'all are keeping safe and wise.
    kraut rock ist nicht tot!
    http://www.myspace.com/andyvotel
    http://www.myspace.com/voteldesign

I wouldn't worry Andy, I had a record take seven weeks from the States and it still came through If you payed by Paypal I think it's 180 days you've got as backup!
    A Sound Awareness

Comment

Ordinary postcard to GB from here took over two weeks. Normally as low as five days.

Comment

OK then... I'm not worried anymore. And I'm certainly not complaining. Its crazily inconsistent though isn't it? Seems like last-in / first-out at the moment... kinda plausible.
        kraut rock ist nicht tot!
        http://www.myspace.com/andyvotel
        http://www.myspace.com/voteldesign

Comment

At the start of this covid-19 mess due to the sudden significant decrease in transatlantic cargo capacity with many of the passenger flights postal couriers rely on being canceled some packages were being sent by surface mail even if you'd paid for airmail. As such five weeks UK/USA isn't unheard of (especially if your package goes into quarantine in New York) It's frustrating but there's nothing practical we can do about it.

Comment

From Japan, there is no mail to many countries including the USA, and has been that way for over a month. My buyers are understandably impatient, but I don't feel like attempting any ninja missions. Too old for that kind of thing ...
            "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

I bought something from France about five weeks ago with tracking and it’s only just left France.

Comment

I ordered a 45 from the U.S on April 13th and it arrived today.
                "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

I have Discogs orders that are now pushing 6 and 7 weeks.
                  https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

I've completely stopped selling or buying overseas , sent something to France , 7 weeks now and still not there , no point anymore

Comment

Less than 10 days from france tracked. Was very surprised as i was expecting weeks.
                      Chimptown, now twinned with Cockermouth, Penistone and Big Beaver, Pennsylvania..

Comment

I had a few things I posted overseas in March and early April that got stuck & took ages. Since then international post has been quicker than usual, & nothing’s gone missing (touch wood). Also the busiest 3 months I’ve ever had on Discogs, crazy volume of sales & the weak pound has meant lots to Europe and the US. The only downside is queuing in the PO with a mask on...

Comment

Still waiting for a record from Mexico to UK .posted on 12th March. Not holding much hope now. low cost record (record was less than postage) and still obtainable so wouldn't be so the end o the world.

Generally been lucky with the post but if this is missing it'll only be the 2nd time it's happened

I am however still an emotional wreck at times since 2018 over the the 1st time.....

a record I really didnt need to be lost.

Oct 20018 ...a different pressing of a holy grail newly listed on discogs and put for sale from a seller in Germany...it's a 45....... I snapped up in amazement that I had finally ticked this particular grail off ..never been on discogs before..was lucky to be online when listing popped up... seller sent by deutsche post with tracking...item never showed up....deutsche post tracking site said it reached Royal Mail UK (Harrow).... Royal Mail...absolutely useless when chasing up in the weeks following this... no information....item lost with no explanation...felt like going to the depot in Harrow myself to speak to humans...

Still cry over that one....as I know will never own this record now. I know for sure.

unless anyone every received a delayed record 18 months after buying

just pains me; the amount of 1 euro 45's have had from Germany in the past without tracking and on probs but this particular record had to lose itself.

unless it was destroyed in on some sorting conveyer belt (....does this happen) this object itself.....has to be existing in this world today but the location is a mystery I will never to to the bottom of ...it pains me......damm lost post.

maybe it's in vinyl section of the mysterious northern Irish Royal Mail lost post warehouse

Comment

Originally posted by Feel Good By Numbers View Post

unless it was destroyed in on some sorting conveyer belt (....does this happen)
                            I suspect it does.. not often, but yes.

Comment

Originally posted by moecurlythanu View Post
                              I have Discogs orders that are now pushing 6 and 7 weeks.
                              Aaand...the 7 weeker landed today from Nederland. All's well that ends well, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X