Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towny/Neil Suddes

Hi All

I'm unsure how many of his friends and acquaintances still hang around here these days, but it's 10 years today that board stalwart and record finder extraordinaire Towny passed away.

A true one-off. Much missed by all who knew him.

https://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/forum...l-suddes-towny

https://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/forum...tune-for-towny
    Last edited by Saint Jude; 19-06-2020, 12:08 PM.
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

I'm still here Hayden... and I still miss him.

There must've been something in the back of my mind this morning as I rummaged around in the T shirt draw getting dressed... I picked his VG+ designed T-shirt to wear today, without remembering the significance of the date.

Top bloke, far far far too young to pass...

Although I've had the chance I've never got a better copy of this record...

Because I prefer to keep the one I got from Towny, vinyls fine but the cover has seen better days...

RIP
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

I never met Neil, but he was a huge presence on this board and a great source of undiscovered vinyl gems. I always loved the fact he was so unabashed about loving disco and boogie tracks, his taste was both eclectic and superb.

I've found myself checking his old playlists recently. Unlike at the time lots of the songs are now on youtube, so what was just an intriguing title is now a route to a new discovery. This 45 landed on my mat a couple of weeks ago after I sourced it from a Towny set - £4! Thanks Neil.

Comment

This is so strange. My first and only post here was almost 10
        years to the day. (I’m surprised I remembered the password)

I was literally just thinking about Neil (find myself
        thinking about him a lot) I used to work with him in Leeds and was sat with him in the day I met my wife. He was a good friend and I still really miss him.

We used to talk about music a lot. His record collection was insane - now that I’ve had the conversion to vinyl, I find myself thinking about Neil more than ever.

I thought about him this evening whilst I was cooking as I still use the method for cooking basmati rice that he taught me... so thought I’d see if this site still existed. To find it again 10 years almost to the day that he died just brings it all back.

It’s really comforting to know people here still think about him.
        I didn’t know any of his other friends, so when he died, my connection died to him too. Think it was over a couple
        of years before I could delete his number from my phone.
        His death hit me harder than any family passing that happened since.

I still have his Christmas Mix

Attached Files

Comment

I met him once, briefly, but still remember him absolutely vividly.
          That doesn't happen often wit me, and I think it's something to do with energy. He was crackling with it.
          If I was going to release any of the swap CDs on vinyl , I'd probably go to his first.
          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Still hanging around, Hayden. Can't believe that's a decade gone by, sad I only met him a few times but very glad I did...

Every couple of weeks, Neil's great VG+ t-shirt comes to the top of the pile and bleary-eyed I put it on and forget about it. I usually find some good records when I've been wearing it - either it's a good luck charm or sub-consciously I make more of an effort when I wear it. Lovely and talented chap, gone far too soon.
            Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

It's great to read your messages and memories about Neil.

SieV and Col posted the below lovely tributes to him on insta if anybody missed these:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBn7wSfJzOu/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBnU-CVJcYc/
              it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
              take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Sounds like a lovely bloke. It's hard to commemorate friends who have passed but you've all done him proud.
                "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

I still remember the shock of hearing the news that Towny had passed on. Hard to fathom it has been 10 years now...

I never met him, but his great wit and immaculate taste sprung out from all his postings on this hallowed board.

Comment

Likewise, I never met Towny in person but I was very sad when the news was posted. He was always so generous sharing his finds and his incredible knowledge and he made me laugh. I still listen to the mixes I have.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
                      Hard to fathom it has been 10 years now...
                      I just crossed over with Towny, and I feel like I've been here for ages.

Good of you to post this, Saint Jude. A wealth of sound and talent in those links.
                      Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Working...
                      X