Zone 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zone 3

As of the 1st Royal Mail has moved the US to world zone 3 , so a well packed tracked and signed lp will now cost £21.23 , thats an increase of about £7

https://www.royalmail.com/internatio...nes#worldzone3

It's something to do with Trump. Didn't have the mental strength to delve deeper.

I'm sending records to the US via Landmark Global now, up to 3 LPs tracked for £15

Comment

Got stung by this today. Landmark Global eh? Thanks for the tip.
      Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

I thought we were just getting our own back at their ludicrous postage costs.
        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
          Got stung by this today. Landmark Global eh? Thanks for the tip.
          Think you have to go through a third party website to use them - I generally use Parcel2go.com. I send all my LPs this way now, only use Royal mail to send 45's.

Comment

£15.80 for one record to USA. Im no longer selling to there
            instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

No point not selling there, you’re not paying.
              Wages there are are 2nd or 3rd highest in the world so they can afford it.
              On the upside the registered option has barely changed so won’t affect the expensive lps postage costs really.

Comment

Originally posted by Nizbit View Post
                No point not selling there, you’re not paying.
                Wages there are are 2nd or 3rd highest in the world so they can afford it.
                On the upside the registered option has barely changed so won’t affect the expensive lps postage costs really.
                Wages for working class people are awful in the US they are below us in the UK re minimum hourly wage ?
                and the registered option as I said in my first post has gone up 7 quid , you are looking at prices for Zone 3 of which the US is the only country in it ?
                Last edited by reza; 04-07-2020, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reza View Post

The registered option as I said in my first post has gone up 7 quid , you are looking at prices for Zone 3 of which the US is the only country in it ?
                  I sent an LP to the States by Royal Mail yesterday and I was quoted £15ish for regular and around £16.50 for recorded.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post

I sent an LP to the States by Royal Mail yesterday and I was quoted £15ish for regular and around £16.50 for recorded.
                    I just based my figures on 750g to be fair as I tend to overpack for anything of value
                    cant really see US buyers ordering cheaper stuff now as they're not only paying tax but higher post prices too

Comment

Originally posted by reza View Post

I just based my figures on 750g to be fair as I tend to overpack for anything of value
                      cant really see US buyers ordering cheaper stuff now as they're not only paying tax but higher post prices too
                      Agreed, though the thing I sent was a £5 Peddlers LP and the buyer seemed fine with the new rate. Go figure...

Comment

Originally posted by IAN View Post
                        It's something to do with Trump. Didn't have the mental strength to delve deeper.

I'm sending records to the US via Landmark Global now, up to 3 LPs tracked for £15
                        I was wondering IAN if you can vouch for this service? Any problems with it? What are the time scales like? many thanks Sir...!

In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

No shipping from Japan to the USA at all (and hasn't been for 3 months), unless you're rich enough to use DHL.
                          "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Landmark is the Belgian post office. belgpost or bpost is the parent company.
                            Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

I was caught out with this the other week, four 750g LP packages, so £28 short on postage. To make matters worse I've had a two records warp in the post – never known it before and with the postage hike I'm a fair bit out of pocket.

Landmark reviews don't make good reading but might have to look at it.

Comment

Working...
                              X