Zone 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post

I was wondering IAN if you can vouch for this service? Any problems with it? What are the time scales like? many thanks Sir...!
    Howdy Fuz! I've only had a couple of little things go wrong with Parcel2go in about 3 or 4 years and I probably post about 10 LPs a week. I only use Royal Mail to send 45s now, as they're still cheaper for smaller packets. Timescale is around 5 days to the US.

Parcel2go are a third party site who deal with lots of different couriers, the price fluctuates so I use different ones but it's generally Hermes for UK/Europe deliveries, Landmark for US deliveries.

The only issues I had where that Hermes hit me with a surcharge a few times, claiming I'd understated the size of my parcel - as I send the same size mailer each time, I think they were trying it on. I eventually got them to cancel it.

Otherwise it's easy enough - I print all the postage labels at home and then drop all the parcels off at my local newsagent in the evening a couple of times a week. And it's nice to get rid of that whole 'I never received the parcel' botheration.

Comment

Originally posted by IAN View Post

Howdy Fuz! I've only had a couple of little things go wrong with Parcel2go in about 3 or 4 years and I probably post about 10 LPs a week. I only use Royal Mail to send 45s now, as they're still cheaper for smaller packets. Timescale is around 5 days to the US.

Parcel2go are a third party site who deal with lots of different couriers, the price fluctuates so I use different ones but it's generally Hermes for UK/Europe deliveries, Landmark for US deliveries.

The only issues I had where that Hermes hit me with a surcharge a few times, claiming I'd understated the size of my parcel - as I send the same size mailer each time, I think they were trying it on. I eventually got them to cancel it.

Otherwise it's easy enough - I print all the postage labels at home and then drop all the parcels off at my local newsagent in the evening a couple of times a week. And it's nice to get rid of that whole 'I never received the parcel' botheration.
      Hi Ian! Thanks for this... at the end of last year my local and well loved Post Office was closed, despite much local opposition and general harumphing... the new one (smaller, fewer staff, not so local, and hidden away at the back of a 'convienience' store) has proved it's self on a number occasions to be not fit to hold a candle to the old one. It has subsequently proved very difficult to get a handle on which services are any good with the whole covidarama going on... so thanks for this valuable info!

A PM will follow...
      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Working...
      X