Warping during shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warping during shipping

I've never know this before but had warping issues twice recently. Might be a combination of longer shipping times and summer being a factor. Anyone else ever known this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCv3T-HJHy7/

In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

was a post on Waxidermy recently about how a lot of post from the US had gone via container ship during the lockdown, which might account for some problems?

Comment

I guess this could be a problem in Europe too as many parcels are now being transported by road due to coronavirus air cargo disruptions. It took more than a month for two parcels (from Germany & Belgium) to arrive in Athens when BC (Before Corona) it took no more than a week. Still haven't opened them but now I'm a bit worried.
        Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

Thanks. Surprisingly the packages were delivered fairly quickly, a few weeks so too fast for sea freight. It's odd it's happened twice recently for the first time ever. Experiencing long delays the other way, 10 weeks or so in some cases. One package from Mexico took over three months.

Comment

Can't see the thread on waxi

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
              Bloody hell. That's been to hell ... and came back!
              "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

I had consignment of expensive classical Lps arrive in China all warped. Royal Mail so far failed to pay up a penny. Sent it tracked and signed too.
                Losing my trust in RM as they also seem not to honour any claims for loss even if you insure them for value.

Comment

I concur unfortunately. Warping happened to 2 US shipments. Still waiting on a couple of tracked albums from US so far they have spent 2 months in a depot in Miami
                  - - - -

Maybe its downbeat with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals but it is an excellent example of a downbeat mix with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals

A heathen, conceivably, but not, I hope, an unenlightened one

http://www.mixcloud.com/paulhillery/

Comment

Did you insure the classical lps?

Comment

Happened to me recently as well for first time - sent two LPs to Germany both arrived warped.

Comment

Originally posted by Nizbit View Post
                        Did you insure the classical lps?
                        Yes for the value of the LPs (180). They sent me a 'we're very sorry ' BS letter but no cheque. Even for the postage price. Lost and damaged few UK ones too and they don't pay up. They used to. But no longer in my case.

Comment

Originally posted by IAN View Post
                          Happened to me recently as well for first time - sent two LPs to Germany both arrived warped.
                          Yes. Mine was for Three lps. Cruciform mailer and 4 stiffeners and reinforced corners and edges. Had to be heat I think. May be at arriving airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

Bloody hell. That's been to hell ... and came back!
                            It came from the US. Relatively quickly under the circumstances... it wasn't well packed. two stiffeners in a jiffy bag, but i'm not sure even decent packing would've saved the situation. This thread gives me the fear... i'm waiting on packages from the US & Mexico...
                            In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by richwax View Post
                              I had consignment of expensive classical Lps arrive in China all warped. Royal Mail so far failed to pay up a penny. Sent it tracked and signed too.
                              Losing my trust in RM as they also seem not to honour any claims for loss even if you insure them for value.
                              You will have to phone them up to sort it out, be prepared to be on hold for a very long time. I made a claim with them last year online and they sent a cheque for the cost of the postage but not for the lost item, the woman on the phone was 'computer says no' attitude until I asked to speak to a supervisor. Good luck!
                              'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

Working...
                              X