Discogs ASP lunacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Divine One View Post

It's not even missing letters on the search engine. You start typing a band and album title, it pops up in the drop down menu... you type one more CORRECT letter in the title and it disappears. Can't get my head round it at all! Using Stereolab as an example - I'm looking for the album with Metronomic Underground on it. I type STEREOLAB METRONOMI and four releases show. I complete STEREOLAB METRONOMIC and... TEN releases show up. And one of the previous ones disappears... they should all have been there to start with!
    I've had the same kind of experience. Sometimes when I do what you describe on my phone, theres a slight delay re-sorting search results, and I tap on the search result I want only for it to disappear or be displaced and I end up clicking something else entirely, in which case I have to start again from scratch. All because of the odd way the search engine decides 'relevance' of search results. I had a discussion with one of the discogs staff about the search engine oddities which ended with him essentially teling me I was not using it right. HAHAHA. Search has improved a lot -- there was a time when normal search would not return a search result you could find with Advanced Search, and vice versa, but I'm not sure the current anomolies will ever be fixed.

Why couldn't they sort out their absymal "make an offer" system where you make the "wrong" offer and you can't make another offer or enter any dialogue - you just have to buy it at full price.
    Well, you can still contact the seller directly and enter negotiations by email, and then offer to buy it off discogs. This saves the seller the 8% fee which might encourage discogs to fix the make-an-offer system.
    Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Why couldn't they sort out their absymal "make an offer" system where you make the "wrong" offer and you can't make another offer or enter any dialogue - you just have to buy it at full price.
      I contact the buyer, tell them where they made the mistake, then relist. It's a faff but only takes about 5 minutes.

"White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Working...
      X