Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want a small collection of record shop bags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want a small collection of record shop bags?

Clearing out the shed I've found a load of record shop bags I must have carefully stashed away at some point in the past. Most are from trips to Japan plus the odd example from the Netherlands.

I also found 35 identical Disk Union bags I'd kept for some reason....

Happy to stick in the post to anyone that wants them.

If no one else comes forward I'm definitely interested.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

yep I'd appreciate some, sad but true, thank you
      The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Excellent! Glad it's not just me that enjoys carrier bags from record shops then :-) If you can both PM me your address I'll pop them in the mail during week.

Comment

Originally posted by paulfromcamden View Post
          Excellent! Glad it's not just me that enjoys carrier bags from record shops then :-)
          No not just you. I have my own "collection" of record shops bags - have been meaning to photograph a few and stick them up on on here but can I find them?

Someone needs to do a Jonny Trunk style book on record shop bags (someone will now pop up and say Taschen have already done one, limited edition £150 a pop, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

No not just you. I have my own "collection" of record shops bags - have been meaning to photograph a few and stick them up on on here but can I find them?

Someone needs to do a Jonny Trunk style book on record shop bags (someone will now pop up and say Taschen have already done one, limited edition £150 a pop, etc)
            It would seem that someone is Jonny himself:

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/jonny-...1940s-to-1990s

Comment

Show us your bags then!
              Did anyone get the book?

Comment

I've not got the book but have lots of bags ready to roll for Vol 2
                The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

You can order a discount price copy with free postage here-
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353935739301

Comment

Originally posted by Taze View Post
                    Show us your bags then!
                    Did anyone get the book?
                    I've ordered one but not arrived yet. In other news, my wife reckons she knows where I've stored my collection of bags. If she is right (always is ) and I find some time - will post a few examples up here.

Comment

I got suckered in by the book. I was not gonna bother but the discount price, free postage, limited to a 1,000 and no Friday night hype lured me in.
                      I would be keen to see them if you post them up here. I have a few but prefer the ones that I can remember and the corporation ones Woolworths, Boots etc. Found a couple yesterday. The Woolworths turquoise 45s bag and another Woolworth bag saying - music and videos on it. I did catch Mr Trunk talking about the book on Radio 6. He said his favourites were the reusable paper ones with cardboard handles. I only have one of these a Boots one but it is a lovely example

Comment

my best record bag only available by buying Pixies Doolittle at time of release, and it's recyclable!

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	dress circle.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.11 MB ID:	1058364 Click image for larger version  Name:	paris musique.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.17 MB ID:	1058358
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	oldies but goodies.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.01 MB ID:	1058360
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	ray's jazz.jpg Views:	0 Size:	908.8 KB ID:	1058361

Click image for larger version  Name:	mole jazz.jpg Views:	0 Size:	967.3 KB ID:	1058362
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	disco-club.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.32 MB ID:	1058363
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	across the tracks.jpg Views:	0 Size:	942.4 KB ID:	1058365

Click image for larger version  Name:	border line.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.12 MB ID:	1058366
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	ecoute ce disques.jpg Views:	0 Size:	895.4 KB ID:	1058367 Click image for larger version  Name:	atlas.jpg Views:	0 Size:	858.6 KB ID:	1058368
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	mr bongo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	876.5 KB ID:	1058369 Click image for larger version  Name:	soul jazz.jpg Views:	0 Size:	916.9 KB ID:	1058370 Click image for larger version  Name:	intoxica.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.51 MB ID:	1058371 Click image for larger version  Name:	time is right.jpg Views:	0 Size:	779.0 KB ID:	1058372

Some record bags, representing many happy hours spent bent double, arm stretching, elbowing, getting black fingers etc...

I'm sure I have some more somewhere - if I find them will post a few of those up in due course.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X