replied
    Bollocks.

Leave a comment:

• llmod1
    replied
    Predictable really, cancelled

The 53rd Mega Record & CD Fair
    will be moved to April 16, 17 & 18 2021

In recent weeks, the Dutch government has announced several times stricter measures to curb the daily growth in the number of Covid-19 infections. Till now, this has not been successful, as a result of which there are currently almost 8 000 new Covid-19 infections a day in the Netherlands.

Last Tuesday, the central government therefore again announced new and even stricter measures for a period of 4 weeks, whereby it is already indicated that this period is likely to be extended even further. The announced measures basically amount to a second (partial) lockdown.

As a result of these new measures and circumstances it is in our opinion impossible but also irresponsible to allow the international Mega Record & CD Fair to continue on 13, 14 and 15 November 2020. In close cooperation with Jaarbeurs Utrecht it has therefore been decided to move the 53rd Mega Record & CD Fair together with the VerzamelaarsJaarbeurs to April 16, 17 & 18 2021.

Leave a comment:

• djvw
    replied
    For me this is surprising! Especially given the 'near semi lock-down' we are in.

I was talking to a friend the other day about last year’s fair and we both concluded that it will take some time before these type of big events will be allowed and organised again.
    The first thing that springs to mind when I hear the words Utrecht Record Fair are people breathing down my neck trying to look at the crate behind the crate I’m looking in.

I have no spidey sense, but my Han Solo sense tells “I have a bad feeling about this”

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied

Originally posted by Milesago View Post
    For what it's worth, for those suffering from an overdeveloped sense of danger
    Originally posted by reza View Post
    won't be going
    Whatever the spidey sense tells you..!

Leave a comment:

• reza
    replied
    Originally posted by Milesago View Post
    [SIZE=14px][FONT=Verdana]For what it's worth, for those suffering from common sense
    won't be going

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    started a topic Utrecht Nov 2020 Going Ahead (Probably)

Utrecht Nov 2020 Going Ahead (Probably)

For what it's worth, for those not suffering from plague panic, the organisers of the Utrecht record fair (recordplanet.nl) intend to proceed with the fair scheduled for November 14-15 in the Jaarbeurs in Utrecht.

If you've been before, you'll know that the jaarbeurs space is usually shared with a giant fleamarket which takes up far more room than the record fair itself. This year the organisers of that side have pulled out, leaving space for the record fair side to expand. It will occupy 4 halls instead of the usual 1.5, with the stalls widely spaced out. They experimented with wide spacing of stalls in the RAI a few weeks back and it seemed to work well (I couldn't go, alas). It means that social distancing can be practised.

On top of that, there will be 'healthchecks' on arrival (not sure what that will entail exactly) and facemasks will be compulsory.
    Tickets must be pre-booked online. I imagine that last minute booking of hotels, etc, would be much less of a problem than normal.

Of course, this can all change . . .

Working...
X