Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gimmicks ‎– Mixed Up Lydia's Pickin' Up Painted Ping Pong Balls

Folks

I've been recommended this Gimmicks LP and it sounds like it will be right up my alley, but I would love to hear it before I splash out. Does anybody have a rip they could let me have access to? Thanks in advance.

Cheeky Turbo
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

I don't, but I had a copy of their follow-up for a while. High standard bossa/Brazilian/easy listening fare from Sweden, obviously. I can't imagine the LP will be that different in sound. Ultimately I let mine go.
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
      I don't, but I had a copy of their follow-up for a while. High standard bossa/Brazilian/easy listening fare from Sweden, obviously. I can't imagine the LP will be that different in sound. Ultimately I let mine go.
      Yes, the tracks I've found from other albums are very good, but I'm wondering if that LP will be just more of the same with a groovier cover. There was also a re-issue a couple of years ago. Weird that there appears to have been no digital. Maybe the Gimmicks are anti-digital. It happens.

Thanks Eine.

Comment

Hi Eine, I spotted this page but couldn't vouch as to whether it's safe to download or not:
        http://playflac.com/264171-the-gimmi...ong-balls.html

Time to say peace...

Comment

I never got this LP not sure and not sure why ? "Music Is What We Like To Play" had a few nice bits on it. Let us know if you do find some clips or jump in a buy one !
          - - - -

Maybe its downbeat with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals but it is an excellent example of a downbeat mix with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals

A heathen, conceivably, but not, I hope, an unenlightened one

http://www.mixcloud.com/paulhillery/

Comment

Originally posted by bodger View Post
            Hi Eine, I spotted this page but couldn't vouch as to whether it's safe to download or not:
            http://playflac.com/264171-the-gimmi...ong-balls.html
            That was one of the pages I found. It leads to a dodgy sign-up page.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

That was one of the pages I found. It leads to a dodgy sign-up page.
              I have it but it's well buried somewhere - if I can find it I'll burn you a copy.
              Time to say peace...

Comment

Originally posted by bodger View Post

I have it but it's well buried somewhere - if I can find it I'll burn you a copy.
                Thanks for the offer. My friend who recommended it ripped it for me. It's pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                X