Marktplaas website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marktplaas website

Does anyone on here use the Marktplaas website based in Holland? A record I've been after for a while has been listed but google translate is not helping navigate the site. Does anyone know how likely it is that international users make use of it or what payment methods are used?

I used it once to buy some vintage shelving (Tomado, nice mid century stuff - quite common in Holland). Used google translate to communicate and did a bank transfer through Transferwise.

Took a bit of too-ing and fro-ing but nothing too ardous.

Comment

Forgot to say, quite a few sellers didn't want to send to UK. It's kind of a local thing like Loot, most sellers want you to collect...

Comment

Thanks Ian, I had wondered how local it might be. I've tried looking for the seller elsewhere online but can't find them so this may be the only platform they are selling on. Lovely shelves by the way, had a little look just there as I do love a bit of mid-century styling - we have some String shelves in our living room which are fairly similar.

Comment

Originally posted by dukowski83 View Post
          Thanks Ian, I had wondered how local it might be. I've tried looking for the seller elsewhere online but can't find them so this may be the only platform they are selling on. Lovely shelves by the way, had a little look just there as I do love a bit of mid-century styling - we have some String shelves in our living room which are fairly similar.
          Nice, I wanted String but didn't quite have the budget - the Tomado ones a good cheap alternative. They seemed to be standard issue for factories/offices etc in Holland so are quite plentiful.

Comment

Originally posted by dukowski83 View Post
            Does anyone on here use the Marktplaas website based in Holland? A record I've been after for a while has been listed but google translate is not helping navigate the site. Does anyone know how likely it is that international users make use of it or what payment methods are used?
            I'm in Holland and I use it regularly. As most transactions are domestic, payment is most often done by banktransfer as its the norm here. However some sellers will also accept Paypal.
            If you need help with navigation or contact with the seller, just pm me.

Fijne feestdagen allemaal
            Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Cheers! I've had a friend of a friend contact the seller (as they are Dutch and a user as well) and I've tried to set up an account but because I need a Dutch phone number to verify it I can't get the account active. Hopefully be able to work something out. Failing that if anyone is in Rotterdam they might know the seller!

Comment

Working...
              X