Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turboellis
    replied
    Another first. The Netherlands Post Office contact a buyer of mine to say, they can't deliver the tracked insures parcel because they can't read the address on it. All the info is in the system, and they actually contacted her. WTF? You couldn't make up this idiocy. Still waiting on the results of this one.

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    A first for me: I sent 3 LPs to a buyer in Belgium. The LPs came back to me and the buyer told me that the Belgian Post Office hadn't even attempted to deliver it. When he contacted them, they apparently said: "We don't know what happened". This is a parcel sent tracked and insured. They don't know what happened. Maybe they should become vegetable farmers instead.

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied
    Much to my amazement, an LP posted in France on Dec 1st which I'd assumed was lost just turned up today. No clues on the package as to where's it been the past 84 days. 84 DAYS. So there's still hope..! Maybe.

(full disclosure: it's the 1976 French repress of Tangerine Dream's Zeit double, accidentally pressed off master tapes running backwards by Barclay. Does this mean I might travel backwards in time when I play it? Guess I'll find out soon enough).

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    And I can Add to this that Bright Pupils swap CDs, sent to him in Australia on Dec12th just arrived on Friday 29th.

Leave a comment:

• dukowski83
    replied
    I had an LP arrive from Holland within a week (posted the 3rd of January) but am still waiting on a tape (yes really) coming from Sweden that was posted end of December but that is still early days yet. Definitely more conscious of not buying from Europe at the moment unless it is a must have rarity

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    Originally posted by The Divine One View Post

You can get a roll of the barcode ones. Wow, my first post of 2021 is the dullest ever - things can only get better!
    cheers, actually posted out an international one yesterday, so came here to reply to my own boring question

Leave a comment:

• SirSlim
    replied
    Originally posted by The Divine One View Post

You can get a roll of the barcode ones. Wow, my first post of 2021 is the dullest ever - things can only get better!
    Good to see you back round this neck of the woods anyway The Divine One.

I seem to have been lucky with my record parcels both pre/post Brexit - an Lp ordered from Portugal in December arrived in good time and an Lp from Germany ordered last week landed earlier this week.

Leave a comment:

• The Divine One
    replied
    Originally posted by bongolia View Post
    I've got a roll of the CN22 customs forms (has always been handy in the past for US, Japan etc orders). However I believe that they are only appropriate for the tracked parcels now, and non-tracked stuff needs a CN22 with a barcode (at least according to the Royal Mail website). Has anyone seen one of these yet? I'm wondering if it's possible to get a roll of those as well or do they print the barcode at the counter?

Leave a comment:

• Headless mermaid
    replied
    My brother who lives in New York once made me the best mixtape ever, but the postal service lost it. I still think about it sometimes...

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied
    I've just had one of my missing parcels, sent from Ireland to Holland, turn up after 72 days! a record as far as I'm concerned.

Leave a comment:

• RedX
    replied
    I'm waiting for a record from Germany to arrive via DHL - so glad I read this thread...

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    A 'favourite' of mine is the kind of Royal Mail Tracking number you sometimes get sent by a seller which tells you nothing except Royal Mail have your parcel. If it hasn't arrived after two weeks you check the number and all it tells you is that they still have your parcel and information will only be updated once it has been delivered- which is when you won't need information about where it is. It doesn't say where it is, how long they will have it, just that when you do have it you'll be able to check the tracking just to make sure your eyes aren't deceiving you.

Leave a comment:

• Feel Good By Numbers
    replied
    Some joy and good news............I did get the parcel yesterday.....though quite confused about what actually happened ...I tweeted DHL.de with the reference number and they responded via a twitter direct message saying that my parcel had been returned to sender due to customs issue' ........ as I was messaging the sender to enquire if they had it delivered back and there was a knock on the door and a 'Parcel Force' man handed me my parcel so that's x3 days after tracking said It hand been delivered to me...... god knows what happened, some mix up.

the 'delivered' tracking note must have been it reaching parcel force.....

..... I'm surprised though that German DHL pass it to Parcel force once in the uk a not DHL themselves....you would assume it would be DHL all the way. .... or do DHL own Parcel force? ..I thought it was a competitor..

so anyway, the lesson here..... if you ever have a parcel from DHL in the EU and tracking says delivered you may want to wait a few more days as it's likely to still be with another courier firm ...... hope that's useful info....

......whilst listening to my new records I thought i's check on the status of a 7" I posted to Belgium last week to make sure the owner received it......note on tracking says it's been held with customs for checking (expect delivery in 20--24 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

Leave a comment:

• J.R
    replied
    Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

In that situation I would have contacted Paypal and asked them to intervene. I wonder why you didn't do that?
    I did.

Leave a comment:

• Viva Chiba
    replied
    Just noticed that Royal Mail are royally failing to offer a regular delivery service to certain areas. If you're in one of the domains below and you have 'missing' parcels, they may well be stuck in the system still...

Royal Mail Distribution and Processing Report

Royal Mail Deliveries

Due to resourcing issues, deliveries in the following areas are likely to be limited. If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for you' card from the Customer Service Points at one of these offices, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our revised opening hours. If we’ve not left a ‘Something for you card’, and you do not have alternative arrangements in place, we’re sorry that your mail will not be available for collection.
    • Ashford (TN23-TN27)
    • Barnsley (S70, S71, S72 and S75)
    • Basildon (SS13-SS16)
    • Bow (E3)
    • Bury St Edmunds (IP28-IP33)
    • Chelmsford (CM1-CM3)
    • Christchurch (BH23)
    • Daventry (NN11)
    • Debden (IG7-IG10)
    • Enfield (EN1-EN3)
    • Grays (RM16-RM20)
    • Hampton (TW12)