Index 2004 reissue on Valord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index 2004 reissue on Valord

How does it actually sound? Any feedback on this one?
    I got myself a 1984 reissue a bit ago and put it up back for sale the next day. There`s literally almost nothing to be heard on it. A lo-fi echo lost within a bomb shelter. Awful!
    So I decided to be forewarned this time.
    Alex
    DANCE TO THE RADIO

No idea Charly. What I can say is I've got the Sears bootleg of the Red Album and I like that well enough. Worth picking up if you haven't already.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Never had a chance to hear the Valord reissue of the black album at the time. I can't recall if it turned up here, and then I just forgot about it.
      I can't recall any print reviews either.
      The Voxx reissue from 1984 isn't that bad. For years it was the only Index record anyone without deep pockets had a chance to hear until the Sears reissue of the 2nd (red) album which has a much cleaner sound.
      Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Miles and Khan, thanks for putting your two cents in! I might as well give another blast to the Voxx release and/or go for a low-cost copy of the Red album on Sears. Sometimes I wonder at how daringly psych reissues like Index and Bulbous Creation (on Rockadelic) have jumped in price, among others. Is the collectible reissue term now a second nature to vinyl communities and marketplaces?
        DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

Originally posted by Funky Charly View Post
          Is the collectible reissue term now a second nature to vinyl communities and marketplaces?
          As far as the Index LPs go it'll have to be a reissue because the rarity of an original puts one completely out of reach. I notice 280 'want' an original 'Red' album on discogs. They'll be lucky- even one of them getting a copy would be lucky. Why don't they just buy a Sears copy before they die.
          "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Working...
          X