Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIXCLOUD QUESTION

Hey everyone, long time no see.

Not sure if there are any Mixcloud experts on here.

I’m thinking of uploading my old Funk Around the Word compilations to Mixcloud this week as a little project t to keep me busy.

Now the CD’s I made consist of individual tracks, they are not mixed into one continuous track.

Can I upload the compilation to Mixcloud as it is (individual tracks) or do I need to delete the gaps between tracks to make a continuous mix? If the later does anyone know a simple piece of free software that will allow me to do that?

Thanks

pretty sure it all has to be one MP3 file, guess there can be (short) gaps between tracks but be better to use Audacity and add them all together I'd imagine, hope this helps. Oh incidentally some countries like USA don't allow mixes with more than 3 possibly 4 tracks by the same artist in a single mix and it won't be possible for them to hear it there, it is something like that sorry to be vague but when I have uploaded some mixes with all Zappa tracks for example it has been pulled straight away but then other occassions like my Bowie/Eno/Gabriel mixes they go up and stay up no problem, so it may just be certain artists...
    The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Another vote for audacity. Superb piece of open source software I've been using for over 10 years! Loads of tutorials on Youtube etc. Any questions, just ask.
      "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Doesn't have to be continuous, but you do need to present it as one long MP3. As above have said Audacity is free, but if you have Garageband, personally I think it's a lot more intuitive to use than Audacity. Think the max size of file allowed is 500mb, so you can pack quite a lot into that. I put a 7 hr live mix up there once (192kbps).
        http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Thank you so much for your replies everyone. Using a variety of software I managed to convert to mp3, then convert to one file and then upload.

if by chance any of you have a copy of Volume 5 of my Funk Around the World mixes please let me know as I’ve currently uploaded 1-4 and 6&7 but can’t locate 5.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
            if by chance any of you have a copy of Volume 5 of my Funk Around the World mixes please let me know as I’ve currently uploaded 1-4 and 6&7 but can’t locate 5.
            This one? I’ll have a root around...

Comment

And very fine it is too!

https://www.mixcloud.com/llmod1/funk...odwyer-llmod1/
              "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Thanks Tom, I hope you are well. When some normality returns we should really grab a beer.

Thanks Turboellis. I have such fond memories of the board back in those days and the swaps were one of the highlights.

Comment

Working...
                X