Discogs Joker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discogs Joker

I've seen some dodgy sellers in my time but boy, this guy takes the biscuit and all the cakes offering common records at ridiculously marked up prices.
    His listings do make for amusing if slightly infuriating reading though.

https://www.discogs.com/seller/Want_...t_copy/profile
    The Garden Facebook Blog

I mentioned a Squeeze single of his two years ago. I notice he still has it for sale. I wonder if it's the £250 that's putting people off.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Are you sure you're not just envious because you can't afford the best copy?

... Although some of his items have surface marks...

Comment

One of the hosts of the We Buy Records podcast contacted him about an item. Totally mad. IIRC it turned out it wasn't listed on the right version and was a worse grade, but he couldn't ship anything anyway until B&Q reopened (to get his plywood stiffeners cut)

Comment

haha , plenty of other discogs jokers these days , this guy is offering free shipping on orders of over 100.000 euros !

https://www.discogs.com/seller/INSA.REC/profile

Comment

The We Buy Records podcast where they talk about the Want The Best Copy bloke is hilarious. Well worth a listen.
            "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

If you'd like to pay £222 for a copy of Space's charity shop favourite 'Magic Fly' LP then look no further. Other bargains to be had: you can have one of his Simon and Garfunkel LPs for £150 or give someone else £5 for their copy.
              "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Who is madder, him or his customers?
                Can’t believe he has any.
                I see he sold a Spirit Of Eden, must’ve been £1000 judging by him charging that for Unknown Pleasures.
                I was after a ‘best copy’ of that but lucked into a pristine copy I bought off someone with a very high end system for about £20 and saved myself £980 if I were to become temporarily insane and buy it from him.

Comment

Working...
                X