Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales of the Discogspected

*Had* to share this one.

Most insane experience on 'Cogs so far ...

Buyer from Europe orders an LP from me. When I contact her to start the conversation about shipping, she says she no longer wants it. No problem. It's annoying but it happens a few times a year. You have to get used to it.

I cancel the order. Then about a month later, out of the blue, non-buyer gives me bad feedback. You'll never guess why ...

"Record did not arrive."

WTF!!!!!

Of course it didn't fucking arrive. You asked me to cancel the order, you $%&#$%!

I try to stay calm but fail. I take a few deep breaths, then write to the non-buyer, calmly pointing out the reason the LP didn't arrive, and to request removal of feedback.

2 days later, without apology of course, the feedback disappears.

Result.

That is probably the most insane experience I've had on the Cogs. Now that it's over, I'm enjoying the insanity.

If anyone feels like sharing more of their mind-bending tales, I won't stop them.
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Dunno if it counts 'cos maybe he's right but I've a German seller blasting me for a record with a HEATWAVE (his angry caps). And I'm not sure exactly what he means, its not mentioned in discogs.

I graded it VG cos it played with surface noise and looked a bit tatty but that was years ago so maybe he has a point. But I'm not sure what it is and it would be nice if he explained.
    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
      Dunno if it counts 'cos maybe he's right but I've a German seller blasting me for a record with a HEATWAVE (his angry caps). And I'm not sure exactly what he means, its not mentioned in discogs.

I graded it VG cos it played with surface noise and looked a bit tatty but that was years ago so maybe he has a point. But I'm not sure what it is and it would be nice if he explained.
      Is he talking about a heat warp?
      "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

I think maybe the record he expected to receive was swapped for an unexpected offering by Diana Ross and the Supremes?

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

Is he talking about a heat warp?
          Maybe, but I'm not sure what that is if it is not a warp? As in the record is flat.
          Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
          X