X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 2021 new releases

I'm very excited about this:
    https://lesliewiner.bandcamp.com/alb...-youll-feel-it

I've always loved the Witch album she did, and regret not picking up the 2014 re-issue.
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Also ...
    https://www.juno.co.uk/products/enni...lik/825614-01/
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boot or no boot?

Comment

"Russian bootleg label that releases unauthorized reissues." Shame, though some of their other reissues appear to be fairly well pressed.

Why has Danger Diabolik never been legally issued? Was it a case of lost master tapes?

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
        "Russian bootleg label that releases unauthorized reissues." Shame, though some of their other reissues appear to be fairly well pressed.

Why has Danger Diabolik never been legally issued? Was it a case of lost master tapes?
        The master tapes were destroyed in a fire is what I've heard. A crying shame as it is one of my favourite soundtracks.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

The master tapes were destroyed in a fire is what I've heard. A crying shame as it is one of my favourite soundtracks.
          Have you ever bought one of the previous bootlegs? I wonder what the quality of what is still around is like. I have a version I ripped from youtube for easier listening, and that sounds pretty good, if I remember correctly. I might go for one of these new boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

Have you ever bought one of the previous bootlegs? I wonder what the quality of what is still around is like. I have a version I ripped from youtube for easier listening, and that sounds pretty good, if I remember correctly. I might go for one of these new boots.
            I bought this Italian 2001 "release" when it came out: https://www.discogs.com/Ennio-Morric...elease/1297695

The bulk of it is taken directly from the film soundtrack itself, so the sound quality is as you would expect from a transfer of that sort, but unless someone invents a time machine and goes back in the nick of time to save the master tapes from the fire...

Comment

That looks pretty complete. 50 mins. I don't think I'd ever need any more than that ... I imagine that this boot's source will be the same. If they have someone who can do a good mastering job, it might be improved a bit. Those kinds of tools get better all the time, as long as the person using them knows what they're doing and has a good set of ears ... I'm hopeful ...

Comment

I note that 'Be With' are reissuing Lewis Taylor's LP. This record has been hard to come by since its release in 96. It's a huge favourite of mine but that may not be much of a recommendation. They are spreading it over two LPs, which I find can be a bit of a pain. I think Lewis should have done really well, but nobody seemed very interested and eventually he knocked it on the head saying his 'Lewis' persona was taking over from who he actually was and making him act like a bit of a dick. Whatever, when I drop the needle on this record I just find it so exciting, and exhilarating, and thrilling. It's a top, top, record. Anyone remember 'Miles Ahead' magazine in the late 90s- that's where I remember reading about this. I wish we still had magazines.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                  They are spreading it over two LPs, which I find can be a bit of a pain.
                  Huge pain! In some long LPs the sound quality is noticeably better but I wonder if it's necessary for most releases. Getting up is a hassle.

Fantastic album by the way—as you said, there are sounds on it that come out of nowhere. Exhilarating.
                  Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

One of my favourite Brazilian obscurities, Persona‘s Som reissued by São Paulo’s Discos Nada and Italy’s Black Sweat Records:

https://soundsandcolours.com/article...eissued-60753/

Comment

Strut records are releasing the 'Definitive' version of 'Lanquidity'. This comes as a four record boxed set, with a booklet, and will doubtless be well done- as long as the labels are on the correct sides. I know there's a mania for this sort of thing but some sides only have 10 mins of music on them. I'd like to hear the alternative mix but £50 is a bit beyond me so I'll look out for the CD. I'm also running out of space so four records would be difficult to find shelf space for. I think they will also release it later as a single record although I presume that will be minus any alternate mixes.

Last edited by Shere Khan; 21-06-2021, 11:42 AM. Reason: missing 's' (who cares?)

Comment

I’m not sure about it being split over 8 sides either. Maybe it’s with the Instagrammers in mind (but not that sub genre of wealthy instagrammers who like to congratulate each other on their expensive Sun Ra collections).

Comment

Something new from Binker Golding, John Edwards, and Steve Noble. 'Moon Day'. Actually quite jazzy- I find a lot of this 'new jazz' stuff is not very jazzy but this sounds pretty good. I think it'll go quickly so step on it if you're interested.

Comment

Something new from Binker Golding, John Edwards, and Steve Noble. 'Moon Day'. Actually quite jazzy- I find a lot of this 'new jazz' stuff is not very jazzy but this sounds pretty good. I think it'll go quickly so step on it if you're interested.

Thanks for this, not my cup of tea but definitely more jazzy (on the free/noise jazz side that is) than most of the latest 'new wave of British jazz' albums (or whatever these may be called). I guess the current tendency is to incorporate more and more electronic, nu jazz elements to appeal to a wider audience.
                            Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

This sounded really good! Thanks for the tip. Physical copies sold out at Bandcamp, though. Anyone knows of a store that might have a copy? Been looking at the usual places with no luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X