New Discogs payment system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Discogs payment system

Has anyone been brave or stupid enough to be a guinea pig for the new Discogs payment system?

It's not even available in Japan yet.
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
    Has anyone been brave or stupid enough to be a guinea pig for the new Discogs payment system?

It's not even available in Japan yet.
    Didn't even know there was one.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Whats this, something outside of Paypal? Not heard of it?

Comment

Ah, US only.

https://www.discogs.com/payments

Have to say, the Ebay payments system works well (after initial hiccups), so wouldn't be averse to this.

Comment

yeah, the ebay system works fine. so id probably be fine with this too.

though now ebay fees are really quite high, remember when they were 2.3%...
          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

It's not US only. I got an email containing the following blurb a few days ago:

'You’re invited to onboard Discogs’ new PayPal payments solution! With the holidays fast approaching, onboard now to benefit from faster payments, money in your account as soon as an order is completed, and no invoices to worry about over the busy season. Whether selling on Discogs is your hobby or your business, this integration makes it simpler and more convenient.'

Presumably a limited rollout with select UK guinea pigs then? Haven't set it up but I quite like the idea of seller fees being automatically deducted - no more irritating fees at the end of the month after you've already spent the cash....

Comment

Interesting, must be testing the water.

And yes, one of the good things about ebay payments is no monthly bills. Would be good to do the same thing on Discogs.

Comment

Interesting to see people generally in favour of this after the Discogs ASP fiasco. If it enables me to receive money other than by Paypal, I'd be very interested as PP have limited my account for the 2nd time in 2 months.

Comment

Why have they limited your account? What happened that they do that?

Never had a problem with PP (in fact, always found them helpful), but removing the monthly Discogs bill would be good. The shipping was a lot of people complaining about a small amount of change, people really fell apart about it.

Comment

Because they appear not to have noticed that they had only just done it. And they never tell you the reason, except for "we noticed suspicious activity". After I pointed that out, they unblocked my account. No apology of course. They're not running any kind of customer service, are they?

Comment

Working...
                    X