Discogs: Attaching receipt to outside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discogs: Attaching receipt to outside

Discogs: Attaching receipt to outside, which you need to do for some countries or the buyer gets charged for tax twice.

Anyone know exactly how to do this? The Discogs guidance doesn't tell you whether you should put it in a clear bag and tape it on or just clear tape it directly to the outside of the parcel.

It would be useful if they gave detailed explanations and photographs, not just long lists of regulations.

It won't be long before they'll ask us to take an exam, I wager.
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

I don't bother putting it in a bag. Just print the receipt out, fold until it's A6 and then sellotape all four sides to the front of the package.
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

I don't worry about attaching anything, I just use the Click and Drop online service (realise this is UK based) to generate a label that has a barcode with all the info they need. Not had any reports of problems back, have sent to various places around the globe.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I can't use Click & Drop because I'm not in the UK, but eine's approach sounds like a good one. If I remember correctly though, Discogs advises that the important info should be visible. Has that not been a problem for you, eine?

Comment

No, hasn't been a problem. Sent between 10 and 20 this way with no problem. I may have written 'Commercial invoice, sale via Discogs' on the paper a few times.
          Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

I've turned off Euro orders for now. US is no problem, their customs doesn't care about the state sales tax, so all you need is the CN22.
            With European stuff there's just no space to put the CN22 and this invoice information on a CD or 45 mailer!

I might turn it back on just for LPs, but seeing an example of exactly what information needs to be shown would be helpful, you'd think Discogs could have managed that by now.

I did have a European sale, and tried the buying postage online, but it was a nightmare - entered all the correct codes etc, but the sites I tried (RM and another) didn't fill out the CN22 bit properly or ask for the other tax paid codes that need to be visible, think I still had to add a CN22 form and write some other information on the parcel

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
              seeing an example of exactly what information needs to be shown would be helpful, you'd think Discogs could have managed that by now.
              I would have thought taking 3 photos of the way to do it properly would save them a load of money in terms of customer support.

Comment

I got charged VAT twice for something I ordered from the UK (I live in Holland), once by Discogs automatically adding it to the order and the second time when it arrived here with no indication on the packaging that VAT had already been paid. The seller to his credit immediately refunded the VAT charge though he was under no obligation to do so.

I opened a support request with Discogs and eventually managed to get that first VAT charge refunded directly to the seller by providing proof that I'd paid VAT a second time at point of entry (which was a little higher BTW).

I could not get a straight answer from Discogs about how a private seller is supposed to indicate VAT has been paid on something. They made it sound like it was all outside of their control and they were not to blame. If you're a business seller with a VAT number, I believe the systems for handling this are already in place but Discogs seem still to be struggling with instructions for private sellers on how to do this properly.

Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Originally posted by Milesago View Post
                  I got charged VAT twice for something I ordered from the UK (I live in Holland), once by Discogs automatically adding it to the order and the second time when it arrived here with no indication on the packaging that VAT had already been paid. The seller to his credit immediately refunded the VAT charge though he was under no obligation to do so.

I think this is what slightly worries me about things coming the other way- EU to UK
                  "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Milesago View Post
                    I opened a support request with Discogs and eventually managed to get that first VAT charge refunded directly to the seller by providing proof that I'd paid VAT a second time at point of entry (which was a little higher BTW).
                    One of my buyers also got a refund.

Comment

Working...
                    X