New releases January 2022.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New releases January 2022.

Will this forum still be here in January 2023?
    I see The Soundcarriers have a new record out. It was actually offered for sale back in November but I had no idea and have only just caught up with it. It's still not out officially until late January and is probably already sold out but lots of places have pre-orders up for a repress coming later this year. The vagaries of modern record buying- I read more and more about small labels being unable to get records pressed in good time due to major labels hogging the presses. Anyway a new Soundcarriers LP is good news I think.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

We should pledge to meet here in a year's time, each bringing a fragment of the Ming vase I just smashed on the floor.

Comment

Not listened to the Soundcarriers before. Currently on Youtube I have "This Is Normal". Fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
        Looks unlikely at the rate we're going.

It looks as though people have really voted with their digital feet.

Facebook is important. VG+ is not.

I feel the exact opposite.

Happy New Year to all here. I don't feel confident that it will be, but gotta look on the bright side, so I will when I find it.

Tormented Tomato Turbo

"White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

where has everyone gone? i still check in daily here
          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

I ditched Facebook a while ago. And I’m not on instagram.- when I was it looked like a lot of “look at my rares”. I’m here for Head Gardener’s finds mainly so keep it up HG. Crazy looking at old finds threads. I think a few people probably left for their mental/financial health the amount of vinyl that there was.

Comment

It's nice we're having a bit of a golden age of creativity before the end of times.

World's gone mad, but I'm clicking on stuff that looks interesting on the live sales stream on Bandcamp.

Prog album from pony tribesmen of Kyrgyzstan, anyone?

Comment

I hope so SK. It's still the first place I search when I discover a new tune or artist that I've not come across before.

Personally, I have less time to post on here these days but I do try check in at least every other day.

Comment

Originally posted by Xann View Post
                  Prog album from pony tribesmen of Kyrgyzstan, anyone?
                  Only if the ponies are on there too.

Comment

Another limited pressing of Lost In Translation from Rhino.

Comment

And a 2xLP of Eden Ahbez Eden's Island with an LP of stuff you probably don't need.

Here's the version in a wooden box complete with voodoo dollies and lion droppings:
                      https://diskunion.net/rock/ct/detail/1008380648

There is a 2xLP black vinyl edition, for old people.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
                        And a 2xLP of Eden Ahbez Eden's Island with an LP of stuff you probably don't need.

Here's the version in a wooden box complete with voodoo dollies and lion droppings:

Wow. I picked up the Life Goes On pressing about a year ago. Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably just get the 'old people' 2LP version.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

You have to wonder if there's a need; doesn't somebody do one every year?

According to Discogs-so it must be true- apart from the original pressings all others are boots, and there are plenty of them.

Comment

You have to wonder if there's a need; doesn't somebody do one every year?

According to Discogs-so it must be true- apart from the original pressings all others are boots, and there are plenty of them.
                            Reading the bandcamp page, this version is mastered from the original tapes with a whole lotta unreleased stuff
                            https://everland-music.bandcamp.com/...enchanted-isle

Comment

Originally posted by Great Day View Post

Reading the bandcamp page, this version is mastered from the original tapes with a whole lotta unreleased stuff
                              https://everland-music.bandcamp.com/...enchanted-isle
                              I guess that gives it some legitimacy.

Comment

Working...
                              X