No profit in records...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No profit in records...

So they won't pay more than this and then they sell it on for £50...
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

that wont work here cos mr supreme is selling it!
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Bah, if only my own copy wasn&#39;t *totally* trashed. Oh well...... just how often does this turn up for people ? My copy is the only one I&#39;ve ever seen in the wild (ie at boots or charity).
      Matt Hero

Comment

Kerching&#33;&#33;&#33; Is that the same version as this?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Oct. 09 2003,10:35)]Kerching&#33;&#33;&#33; Is that the same version as this?
          Oh, don&#39;t wind Rich up - it&#39;s really not fair
          Matt Hero

Comment

That pama supreme is the one where he starts talking at the beginning and it drops into quite a skanking champ. I dont think it has anything to do with hawkshaw.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (sermad @ Oct. 09 2003,10:38)]That pama supreme is the one where he starts talking at the beginning and it drops into quite a skanking champ. I dont think it has anything to do with hawkshaw.
              It&#39;s where the &#39;legend&#39; of The Mohawks usually spins out of any element of truth. Assuming that Mr Hawkshaw is telling the truth about there only ever being *one* session for Pama, and he&#39;s got no reason to lie about it.
              Matt Hero

Comment

&#39;LEGEND OF THE MOHAWKS&#39; - Coming to a cinema near you. Fall 2003.

Whos with me on this&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (sermad @ Oct. 09 2003,10:56)]&#39;LEGEND OF THE MOHAWKS&#39; - Coming to a cinema near you. Fall 2003.

Daniel Day Lewis as Hawkshaw ?
                  Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Oct. 09 2003,10:36)]
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Oct. 09 2003,10:35)]Kerching&#33;&#33;&#33; Is that the same version as this?
                    Oh, don&#39;t wind Rich up - it&#39;s really not fair
                    Blimey, that&#39;s really quite cheap (at the moment)&#33; I don&#39;t think they&#39;re the same version but certain dealers have, in the past, claimed so. They are certainly very similar. The &#39;Cherry Pink&#39; flip is the one that the Prodigy pilfered for &#39;Charly&#39; (or something of the first album anyway). But if you listen to the &#39;Memphis Soul Stew&#39; style introduction to the band, they do mention something like Mr. Hawk on keys {edit - sorry just read the full item description and realised that they said this anyway]. Oh, and I think that p.eugene is Soulman, not Mr. Supreme (same difference when it comes to selling though).
                    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Oct. 09 2003,11:01)]
                      Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (sermad @ Oct. 09 2003,10:56)]&#39;LEGEND OF THE MOHAWKS&#39; - Coming to a cinema near you. Fall 2003.

Daniel Day Lewis as Hawkshaw ?
                      What, pulling the stops on his Hammond with his left foot?

Comment

hehehe. Cheers rich yes its soulman - me got all cofnused

Comment

re: &#39;Mr Hawk&#39; - the back sleeve of the LP goes on about Graham Hawk and his grey E-type doesn&#39;t it (which was the name of the Pama van driver), so it is not necessarily The Hawk at the organ

and re: the Fontana lp on ebay - that must have already been over the Atlantic once to end up with Soulman, and might now be going back to Surrey...

Comment

... they also won a recent Elaine Delmar &quot;Sneaking Up On You&quot; auction for about 45 quid - so how much will that be sold on for I wonder.....

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

gotta be near a tonne.

Comment

Working...
                              X