Westwood platinum 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westwood platinum 3

So I've just seen the tracklisting for Westwoods new compilation - you know, the guy who is widely regarded as a 'beacon for the UK hiphop scene' and all that.

My opinion?? Hmmm.......lemme know what y'all think.

1. Be Faithful feat. Fatman Scoop (Dirty Version)
    2. Franklinz feat. Crooklyn Clan (Unreleased Raw)
    3. Wanna Jump feat. Crooklyn Clan
    4. Mundian To Bach Ke feat. Punjabi MC ((Beware Of The Boys) Remix)
    5. Made You Look feat. Nas
    6. Pump It Up feat. Joe Budden (Album Version (Explicit))
    7. Flipside feat. Freeway & Peedi Crakk (Album Version (Explicit))
    8. X Gon' Give It To Ya feat. DMX (Album Version (Explicit))
    9. Dipset Anthem feat. Cam'Ron & Juelz Santana (Album Version (Explicit))
    10. Dipset (Santana's Town) feat. Juelz Santana & Cam'Ron(Album Version (Explicit))
    11. Can't Stop, Won't Stop feat. Young Gunz (Album Version (Explicit))
    12. One For Peedi Crakk feat. Peedi Crakk, Beanie Sigel, Freeway & Young Chris. (Album Version (Explicit))
    13. Never Leave You - uh ooh, uh oooh! feat. Lumidee (Main)
    14. No Letting Go feat. Wayne Wonder (Album Version)
    15. Elephant Message feat. Elephant Man
    16. Roughest & Tuffest feat. Assassin
    17. Sufferer feat. Bounty Killer
    18. Pump Up feat. Sizzla
    19. Haters Wanna War feat. Elephant Man
    20. Press Trigger feat. Cobra
    21. 21 Questions feat. 50Cent & Nate Dogg (Album Version (Explicit))
    22. Hey Ma feat. Cam'ron (Album Version (Explicit))
    23. 03' Bonnie & Clyde feat Jay-Z & Beyonce' (Album Version (Explicit))
    24. Rock Wit U (Awww Baby) feat. Ashanti (Album Version)
    25. Hit The Freeway feat. Toni Braxton (featuring Loon)
    26. Let's Get Ill feat. Crooklyn Clan (CD2 Start's Here)
    27. Ladyz feat. Crooklyn Clan
    28. Bad Man Bad Man feat. Elephant Man
    29. Tall Up Tall Up feat. Elephant Man
    30. Higher Level feat. Elephant Man
    31. On Line feat. Elephant Man
    32. Nookie feat. Jackie O
    33. I Don't Give A... feat. Lil Jon
    34. Georgia Dome feat. Ying Yang Twins
    35. Magnetic feat. Foxy Brown (Album Version)
    36. 4EVER feat. Lil Mo feat. Fabolous
    37. Luv U Better Feat. Ll Cool J (Album Version)
    38. Girlfriend feat. B2K ((Pied Piper Remix))
    39. Business feat. Eminem (Album Version (Explicit))
    40. Red Red feat. Beenie Man
    41. Egyptian Dance feat. Elephant Man
    42. Sweet To The Belly feat. Vybz Kartel
    43. My Dickie feat. Beenie Man
    44. Row Like A Boat feat. Beenie Man
    45. Hand Up Deh feat. Beenie Man
    46. Grindin' feat. Clipse
    47. What Happened To That Boy feat. Baby & Clipse (Album Version (Explicit))
    48. Shoot 'Em Up (Bang Bang) feat. Big Noyd (Part 1)
    49. Getaway feat. Bristol
    50. Dogz n Sledgez feat. Dogz n Sledgez(Original)
    51. Sometimes feat. SAS & Shereen

He likes his beanie elephants, that's for sure... but it's not my cup of tea... I think Fin would go for this, he likes his digi boombastics
    http://wakeupanddie.com
    http://weirdgearnyc.com
    http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ Oct. 10 2003,13:31)]He likes his beanie elephants, that's for sure... but it's not my cup of tea... I think Fin would go for this, he likes his digi boombastics  
      Hmmm, I think most every hip-hop DJ in the world has all those records actually.

So if you want a compilation that represents the big bump in the middle of the normal distribution of "tracks you'll hear in a hip-hop club right now"...

(What, no Snoop Dogg "Beautiful"?)

Comment

Hmmm, actually, I'm being kind of a bitch, I don't recognize everything on that list by name so maybe I'm leaping to conclusions.

But as somebody said at Turntable Lab: "You can't play Elephant Man all night you know."

Comment

Why all this 'featuring' business?Doesn't anyone get a track all to themselves any more?
          Back to Neuuuuuuuuuu!

Comment

all the 'feats' are a bizarre mistake...

but why all the hate for dancehall? it's been far more interesting than most hip hop for years now...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Oct. 13 2003,09:43)]all the 'feats' are a bizarre mistake...

but why all the hate for dancehall? it's been far more interesting than most hip hop for years now...
              And Elephant Man will be 2004's Sean Paul...

I'm highly impressed by that tracklisting - I didn't think Westwood could beatmix two records let alone 50 odd (come in Colin, your time is up   )...
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Elephant Man has been around for years, Rich! and he is too frightening to kids to make as many guest appearances on R'n'B records as Sean Paul...

re: the large number of tracks - a lot of the dancehall tracks are on the same rhythm so that should help Tim and his pals. but a lot are so old in dancehall terms. Diwali rhythm was sooo last year, dahling

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Oct. 13 2003,11:25)]Elephant Man has been around for years, Rich! and he is too frightening to kids to make as many guest appearances on R'n'B records as Sean Paul...
                  Oh I know that, he came out of the Scare Dem Crew but he does appear to be getting the crossover guest spots that've allowed the Dutty Egg to blow up...
                  You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Oct. 13 2003,09:43)]all the 'feats' are a bizarre mistake...

Hey, I'm not hating on dancehall.

But I admit that I've only recently developed a taste for it... and generally I only really appreciate it in a club scenario (doesn't do much for me at low volumes on the radio when I'm at work for example).

Didn't get it for ages but that might be because the dancehall "scene" round here once consisted of playing every variation of a single riddim back-to-back, and playing almost the entire song for each instance to boot... gets kinda boring after 10 minutes or so. And really annoying after 30.

Comment

Working...
                    X