Strut records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strut records

Outside of 'That London' news travells slowly, so forgive me if this is sooo yesterday its not true, but i understand Strut has gone to the wall...anyone know the story??? time to snap up those library comps if you havent already!

i was talking to someone in the library business the other day and he mentioned that he thought strut had gone bust.

Comment

yep, old news i'm afraid. down to Fopp then to pick over the left-overs...

Comment

I still need the kpm and chappell mfd comps! dagnammit!
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

i forgot, but will try and remember to re-listen to the KPM one and decide if i still want it. you&#39;re not having the Chappell one though&#33; remind me if i forget&#33;

Comment

oh man. how can you give up the kpm one. its worth it for swamp fever alone&#33;

Comment

ah, maybe you won&#39;t get it then&#33; i&#39;ve totally forgotten what was on it...

Comment

wait a minute, I&#39;m being slow here, so those library Music For Dancefloors are gonna be, or are, out of print? I&#39;d better get some, where are they still in stock? I love that Roger Roger track, Safari something...
                http://wakeupanddie.com
                http://weirdgearnyc.com
                http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Try Selectadisc. I got the Chappell comp in the Nottingham branch today at the newly-reduced price of £5.99 and that was actually BEFORE I read this thread - talk about serendipity.

I would imagine that the Soho branch will have copies left and probably at the same price, but I got Nottingham&#39;s last copy.

The Notts branch still had the Bosworth comp, but the KPM one was absent.

Failing that, head for your local Fopp. Nottingham&#39;s branch is vinyl-free at the moment, which is a bit of a blow.

Benicio
                  Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

hey dont forget the bosworth comp aswell
                    Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

If you want anything on Strut, you&#39;d better hurry because they have virtually no stock left, it&#39;s all out there. I spoke to Quinton when they were winding the company down a few months ago, and he had hardly anything then.

The bright side is he&#39;s doing some stuff at Sanctuary and maybe other places, too, so I&#39;m hoping there will still be some good comps coming through him still.
                      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

ok as I&#39;m not that well informed, is there a story behind the close down? Clash of personalities? Change of direction for those involved? Debtors banging on the door?
                        Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Sermad mate, i posted a reply to an earlier thread letting you know where you could pick up vinyl copies of the rekkids mentioned, and from which shops.......tut tut...
                          derelicts of dialect

Comment

I managed to get the LPs on their release &amp; the Chappell remix 12&quot; - never traced the KPM remix 12&quot; though - anyone know where I can get it from?
                            new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Ive got the kpm remix 12&quot; na nah&#33; whats on the chappell one?

Oh and try adrian gibson (messin around dude) for one. He&#39;s on ebay alot.

Comment

Working...
                              X