Who\'s got the Hasslehoff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who\'s got the Hasslehoff?

Hearing that Punjabi MC tune thrashed to death in every club in the city has got me to thinking...

...what's the deal on the Knight Rider theme?

I believe it's available on a seven, but I don't know why. Where can it be sourced, and is it particularly rare?

(I will trade my uber-rare NZ-release only copy of David Hasslehoff's "Loving Feelings" for it if you throw in a pair of your old socks to boot).

Sweet baby moses,what next,anyone got the Magnum theme on seven???.tee heee.
    undefined "fook me, he looks like a vertically challenged Oompa Loompa!!"

Comment

Too late - think someone I know has a comp with Magnum PI on it & that was 2/3 years ago (unless I'm imagining it all). & didn't So Solid Crew use Knight Rider as the base for the 'Ride With Us' track a while back? Unless they lifted it off DVD or video, I'd guess that means there must be a 7" or album of some sort in circulation...

a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

I've got the theme for 'C.H.I.P.S' on 45....and very funky it is too. In an Eric Estrada sort of a way.
        Matt Hero

Comment

Greatest American Hero

anyone?!?

believe it or not...

Comment

It's on some Cut Chemist & Nu-Mark mix that I heard a while back some I'm guessing it is indeed available on vinyl as I can't imagine those lads bootin' off a DVD. Perhaps it's an 80s library tune? I had not considered this.

Yo Rolex, don't sleep on that Hasslehoff LP, I think he must have recorded it out here when he was promoting the show with KITT at the Easter Show in '86. I wish my old man had taken me to that, I can just imagine the Hass and his extremely fey car kicking it with prize-winning livestock and such. Well, that's what I assume happened anyway - I'm quite curious as to the story behind how TV's "Mitch" came to record an LP here in the AK...

(and in the unlikely event that you don't think I'm lying - no, no, do not buy it unless you want a cheap laugh and another twelve inch waste of space on your shelves).

(Edited by formigo at 5:32 am on Mar. 18, 2003)

Comment

as far as i'm aware, the knight rider theme was never issued officially. there is a Jap-only OST 12" mini-LP with cover versions of Airwolf and Knight Rider music - 3 tracks from each, including the themes. trouble is, the covers are bloody terrible - i traded my only copy as they were so bad!
              http://www.blaxploitation.com
              Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Must be a fairly odd one, as even the many poor 80s TV Themes comps tend to ignore it: seen lots of the Hart To Hart, Howards Way, Reilly Ace Of Spies, Harry's Game type tunes on 'em - Morricone's Chi Mai is a biggie on those - but never the likes of Magnum, Airwolf, Knight Rider etc, even in poor covers... But then again, I never looked that closely at 80s stuff (unless it's Streetsounds comps) when out digging. Please don't tell me I've got to start!!
                a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Comment

Is Willis inside??

Comment

I'm fairly certain I've got a version on an 80's Chevron LP which has a picture of the A Team (so many explosions yet no body count - also MrT could quite easily fashion you a set of working 1200s from the contents of a disused distillers shed in the everglades)on the cover - I think it has Magnum and Cagney and Lacey too - I'll check when I get home.
                      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Yeah,

The Scots youth is correct. I used to have that comp myself (the usual 50p from a charity shop). It's got all the 80s classics on and as a result one of my younger mates (for whom the 80s didn't suck cock) pilfered it off me.

As for who is inside KITT, I doubt it's Willis, maybe Kimberley is in there with a hosepipe from the exhaust?!

(I know, I'm sick - I can't help it)

Benicio
                        Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

didn't michael knight have two lovely assistants in different series? i seem to remember a permed blond lady and a straight-haired brunette. misspent youth...

Comment

talking of hasselhoff... has everyone seem the reviews?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...stomer-reviews

Comment

hasselhoff: review: "So much love, I cry tears of blood" .... they have do be having a laugh?? .... surely, its not funny its sick
                              working together for better bass and treble

Comment

Working...
                              X