Kill bill vs keith mansfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kill bill vs keith mansfield

I crap you not but the opening to Kill Bill has a zippy cover of Funky Fanfare/Soul Thing. Its right at the beginning under the Shaw Brothers credits (Anyone know if other shaw brothers films had this as the intro music?)

Im so sad - I was like WHOOOOP thats keith mansfield. None of my mates looked impressed...

Er great film. Uma's got sick feet. Lucy Liu will marry me - Infact so will the 17yr old schoolgirl assassin.

And yes chicks will like the film! All the ones we took thought it was a right blast.  
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Er, so which cover is it Serms?

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

No idea mate. It sounded more like &#39;Soul Thing&#39; then anything. Im gonna see it again this weekend so I&#39;ll have my ears out for it this time.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (sermad @ Oct. 16 2003,16:31)]No idea mate. It sounded more like &#39;Soul Thing&#39; then anything. Im gonna see it again this weekend so I&#39;ll have my ears out for it this time.
        Y&#39;see if you were a really sad git like myself you wouldn&#39;t leave the cinema before the credits for the music had rolled...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Oct. 15 2003,17:34)]Y&#39;see if you were a really sad git like myself you wouldn&#39;t leave the cinema before the credits for the music had rolled...

Nice to know I&#39;m not the only one. They should print the details bigger after TV screenings, though, cos I can rarely read the things fast enough. Bah...
          a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

I love the thought of seeing Kill Bill on a date... I might even see it twice&#33;
            http://wakeupanddie.com
            http://weirdgearnyc.com
            http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Do Vulture&#39;s go on dates???

The last time I heard an unlikely airing of Soul Thing was Beck playing it live about 5 years ago... They did that sleazy/beaty Morricone thing Allegretto Per Signora too. If anyone cares
              There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Mr Divine @ Oct. 17 2003,00:41)]If anyone cares
                I do&#33; The time I saw Beck in Nottingham he was ridiculously good, not least because Swamp was amazing.  

And I know what you&#39;re saying about the telly Wayne. Dontcha just hate it when they split the screen to trail whatever&#39;s coming next (it&#39;ll be on in two secs anyway&#33;&#33;&#33 buggering any remote chance you did have of reading the minute credits...

My money&#39;s on the Kill Bill track being &#39;House Of Jack&#39;.  

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Oct. 17 2003,10:09)]I do&#33; The time I saw Beck in Nottingham he was ridiculously good, not least because Swamp was amazing.  
                  Did he try to cut his chest open with a smashed record this time ? An object lesson in how to not win the DMC
                  Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Oct. 17 2003,10:50)]
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Oct. 17 2003,10:09)]I do&#33; The time I saw Beck in Nottingham he was ridiculously good, not least because Swamp was amazing.  
                    Did he try to cut his chest open with a smashed record this time ? An object lesson in how to not win the DMC
                    He&#39;d already lost by that point though. No, he (and the rest of the band) were dressed in suits and ties and when they weren&#39;t actually playing their instruments during the songs they danced from side to side in a Four Tops manner. And Swamp swung his headphones in a mini lassoo manner from their cord. Then for the encore he came on before the band, did an incredibly slick set with some Sugarhill era classics and then, at the end, beat juggled behind his back, put on a balaclava, and took off his shirt. While still mixing.

Noice.  

Comment

I remember I saw Beck about 3 years ago at the reading festival (It was the one were daphne &amp; celeste got rained on by pints of piss). Anyway I dont er normally indulge but I thought what the hell. So there I was - watching Beck - Very merry shall we say and then all of a sudden things just went a bit er mongy&#33;

Becks set then went foookin mental - His encore consisted of him kneeling in the middle of the stage while it all went &#39;close encounters&#39; UFO stylee and someone came on stage with police &#39;dont cross&#39; tape and proceeded to tape up becks head and attach it to BOTH sides of the stage.

Er pretty nuts&#33;

Comment

Last time I saw Beck, Swamp &quot;played&quot; Smoke on the Water using what I presume was an acetate consisting entirely of guitar noise which he then smashed to bits - great stuff&#33;
                        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Oct. 17 2003,12:03)]Last time I saw Beck, Swamp &quot;played&quot; Smoke on the Water using what I presume was an acetate consisting entirely of guitar noise which he then smashed to bits - great stuff&#33;
                          Ooh, I forgot that. That was plain silly. Col knows of someone who used to play the theme from &#39;The Empire Strike Back&#39; in the same way...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Oct. 17 2003,12:03)]Last time I saw Beck, Swamp &quot;played&quot; Smoke on the Water using what I presume was an acetate consisting entirely of guitar noise which he then smashed to bits - great stuff&#33;
                            That&#39;ll be his &#39;Guitar Tones&#39; pressing then, a whole octave of guitar sound as demonstrated in &#39;Scratch&#39;. You can also get hold of this on his &#39;Swamp Breaks&#39; battle rekkid. Actually these could be one and the same, but the label on the record used in scratch looks totally different to the one I&#39;ve seen on Swamp Breaks.

Did someone say NERD?
                            Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (vibra @ Oct. 17 2003,12:18)]Did someone say NERD?  
                              Yes but that was a different thread Vibra. Do pay attention at the back.  We appear to have got off topic - weren&#39;t we discussing Sermad&#39;s hot dates?  Sermad???

Comment

Working...
                              X