Nick ingman jcs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick ingman jcs

OK, I've really crossed the line now & bought an LP with nothing but Andrew Lloyd-Webber's music on it. Namely a nice copy of Nick Ingman's 'Excerpts from Jesus Christ Superstar' on Polydor. It's great, psych-y lounge-rock with some wild organ (despite the cheesy singing in places) but not featured on the site anywhere that I've noticed, so what gives? Must be up with his best, and surely not too rare? Anyway, just a mention to say 'keep 'em peeled', young vultures!
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

hoorah!!!

someone else mentions it!

top album.

Comment

Still looking for that one. recommended it to me and I believe he may even have charted it?!? Very nice version of 'What's The Buzz' so I've been told...
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Ive charted it and LDJB charted it. Its tres good.
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

is there a dummy&#39;s guide to JCS (and Godspell?) anywhere, i.e. which are the good ones?

Comment

Here&#39;s an old thread.

http://212.67.202.147/~sermad....;hl=jcs
            www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Ah - curse that broken search button&#33; Just located LDJB&#39;s review which is from his April 2003 chart:

&quot;I&#39;ve been looking for this since it was given a big thumbs up on the Natter board and I finally turned it up on a visit to Glasgow. Ignore the citation from Tim Rice on the back (what does he know, eh?) and go straight to side one track one - funky drums, fuzz guitars and Hammonds and that&#39;s pretty much the way it goes for the whole of side one. Side two is not as solid witha few slow uninteresting parts but the fianl version of &quot;Superstar&quot; almost makes up for it. I reckon the gangs all here - fairly certain that&#39;s Hawkshaw on the organ and I reckon it&#39;s Big Jim or Alan Parker on the guitar - not too sure about the drummer though. Top track for me is &quot;What&#39;s the Buzz&quot; complete with Mohawks-a-like organ solo.  
              In fact the only couple of points which make this album less than perfect is the intrusive singing (why not an instrumental lp Nick?) and the sound quality is a bit &quot;phoned in&quot; but still worth a punt for cheap&quot;.

Oddly, though, his is in a different sleeve &amp; on a different label - Springboard, not Polydor, &amp; mine&#39;s in a colourful die-cut gatefold with a little cross-shaped window that opens to show a kind of jewelled crucifix. The sound quality sounds like it might be a lot better on the Polydor issue, too - the quality on mine is as good as any other early 70s Polydor issue I&#39;ve found (ie: excellent). Interesting...
              a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

cheers for the link&#33; i thought it had been talked about before somewhere. now i have to be brave and take the plunge...

Comment

And here&#39;s a visual of the Polydor issue...

Comment

Working...
                  X