Licorice soul lsd002 announced!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licorice soul lsd002 announced!

We're very proud to announce that LSD002 will be out in early November! The website is now open for online pre-orders - get in quick and get yours before the distributors do!

LSD002: Birds'n'Brass - Sort Of Soul / Fritzy Baby
    Lovely and loud on officially-licensed 45rpm single.

http://www.licoricesoul.com/lsd002.php

Look out for announcements on other forthcoming releases soon...
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Well done Ed - Sie and Chris on these! Great interview too.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

nice work &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Comment

Put me down for 3 copies again Ed and the best of luck with this release. Any hints on LSD003 ?
        Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Oct. 23 2003,09:11)]Put me down for 3 copies again Ed
          Ditto.  Do you want us to order them through the site or will you be selling them out the back of your three-wheeler van at Brillo again?

And sterling work guys. It&#39;s worth saying again - great to see tracks being reissued properly, licensed, with the help of the musicians and with the stories behind the tracks.
          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Oct. 23 2003,09:11)]Any hints on LSD003 ?
            thanks for the support guys - it really is appreciated&#33;

yes - normal routine, i&#39;ll be lugging a sackful of vinyl down to the next Brillo (assuming the pressing plant keeps to the current schedule) and 45s will be available there for 4 quid a pop.

as for LSD003... let&#39;s just say that both the bands are cooking&#33;
            http://www.blaxploitation.com
            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

my order for LSD002 is in&#33; woooo&#33; nice one, chaps.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (theeman @ Oct. 23 2003,10:34)]as for LSD003... let&#39;s just say that both the bands are cooking&#33;
                &#39;Cooking&#39; eh &#33; Is that a hint ? Is it a food related 45 ? A version of &#39;Dancing In The Moonlight&#39; ? Pukka &#33;
                Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Oct. 23 2003,11:02)]
                  Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (theeman @ Oct. 23 2003,10:34)]as for LSD003... let&#39;s just say that both the bands are cooking&#33;
                  &#39;Cooking&#39; eh &#33; Is that a hint ? Is it a food related 45 ? A version of &#39;Dancing In The Moonlight&#39; ? Pukka &#33;
                  matt - i&#39;ve worked it out&#33; it&#39;s a little known paulhamlynlibraryillfunkrarebeef piece called &quot;battered chicken&quot; by the robert carrier 7.

Comment

But Gerald&#39;s already reissued &#39;Mr. Machine&#39; by the Chefs.

Mebbe that noodle foodle ad thing backed by &#39;Hey, Good Looking&#39;...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Oct. 23 2003,12:14)]Mebbe that noodle foodle ad thing backed by &#39;Hey, Good Looking&#39;...
                      You mean the &#39;Noodle Doodle&#39; song voiced by none other than John Pertwee ? *Very* scary stuff.....
                      Matt Hero

Comment

... Stop guessing you young scallywags &#33;  

... Once 002&#39;s out I&#39;m sure we&#39;ll be straight back at you with the info for 003. It&#39;s in the bag...

... Our problem at the minute is not dissimilar to that faced by you Hero&#39;s - splashed the length and breath of this shitty little island can sometimes mean that getting hold of each other can be difficult. And the fact that Ed and I are really busy at work.... oh and Chris is moving house.... (list of poor, water thin excuses continues....)

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Sie Vulture @ Oct. 23 2003,13:08)]... Our problem at the minute is not dissimilar to that faced by you Hero&#39;s - splashed the length and breath of this shitty little island can sometimes mean that getting hold of each other can be difficult.
                          Oh, that&#39;s just the &#39;official&#39; hero excuse Si.

The *real* reason is a combination of extreme laziness, razor fights caused by &#39;musical differences&#39;, Rich&#39;s crack habit, Manzo&#39;s other job laundering money for the Yakuza, Colin&#39;s hoovering obsession, my compulsive lying.....
                          Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Oct. 23 2003,13:26)]my compulsive lying.....
                            And there he goes again. Matt&#39;s not actually a liar everybody...

Comment

&#39;Rhythm And Crunch&#39;...

Comment

Working...
                              X