Oct brillo playlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oct brillo playlist

OctoberÂ’s Brillo was a smaller than usual affiar, no doubt down to the untimely delay and the completely fucked up pubic transport in North London. However, the quality of music remained unaffected and Bill finally played a record...

As ever, please forgive any mis-spelling. I have the right to write scruffy because IÂ’m the poor fucker who has to type it all up and stick it online. Other Brillo folksÂ’ lame attempts at the handwritten word should be collectively punishable by switching the name to the far more accurate and descriptive Nerdfest because thatÂ’s what you all are, nerds. Me too. Let me know whatÂ’s spelt wrong and IÂ’ll edit accordingly.

Nick.C

Kites Are Fun – The Free Design
    L’Augmentation – Jaques Dutronc
    Chopper – Hot Rocks
    Hippie Hippie Hourrah - Jaques Dutronc
    Ode To Billy Joe – Roger Coulat
    Stercok – Georges Raudi
    Themes From A Late Night Movie – Terry Durham
    Spinning Wheel – Wade Marcus
    De Sade – Leroy Holmes
    On Top Of It – All Dyrections Band
    Hey Joyce – Lou Courtney
    Emotions – Leroy Holmes
    A New Era – Wade Marcus

Sermad

Hoax – Puns Laugh
    Knitting – Wolfrom Brunke
    Les Temps Des Loups – Georges Garvarentz
    Blue Onion - Wolfrom Brunke
    Alabama Gatherin – Kenny Salmon
    Roses & Revolver - Janko Nilovic

Matt Hero

Andy Roberts - Richmond
    Chase - Open Up Wide
    T. Swift  The Electric Bag - A Jet
    The Power Pack - Juliet Simpkins
    Johnny Almond Music Machine - Solar Level
    Samantha Jones - Ford Leads The Way
    Zalatnay Sarolta - Zold Borostyan

Mark (llmod1)

Little Less Conversation (inst) – Elvis Presley
    Sock It To Em JB – Manito
    Rock Me To The Music – Stardust International & Tayfun
    Lupita – Nico Gomez [*rockin tune!]
    Asi Es La Vida – Stardust International & Tayfun
    Mabusso – Ambros Seelos & Orchestra
    Husky – Jimmy Nicol
    Grey Frog – Eddie Lee Mattison
    Cover Girl – Phillipe Nicand

Bill (Ladyboygrimsby)

Why Did You Do It? – Margaret Singana
    Don’t You Know – Jan Hammer
    Young Embrace – Azymuth
    Discophrenia – Ralph Lundsten & The Andromeda Allstars
    Kumbayero – Weyman Corporation
    Mother Nature Land – The Rascals
    Valley Of The Music – Hirth Martinez
    95 In The Shade – Hudson Ford
    VIP Connection - West Coast Drive
    Crystal Mansion - Somebody Ought To turn Your Head Around
    Herb Alpert - Red Hot (Special Mix)

Rich Hero

Ad-Libs 'Giving Up'
    The Society Train 'Slowly But Surely'
    Vicki Anderson 'Land Of Milk And Honey'
    Round Robin Monopoly 'Life Is Funky'
    Little Royal 'Switchblade'
    Illusions 'Shake Your Mini'
    Show Stoppers 'Shake Your Mini' (organ solo by Ronnie Dee&#33
    Andrew White ' Who Got Da Funk? Part 2'
    Peter Thomas Sound Orchestra 'Raumpatrouille'
    Jacques Dutronc 'Sur Une Nappe De Restaurant'
    Shadows Of Knight 'Shake'
    Revells 'Indian Ropeman

I know thereÂ’s more, but thatÂ’s all I found written down. IÂ’m sure Mike played something, but I was drunk by then... In an ideal world, we would have all the Brillo playlists presented like those silly Excel MiniPops things, but it isnÂ’t a perfect world, itÂ’s a miserable, cold one. Does anybody actually read these playlists outside of Brillo folk?

http://wakeupanddie.com
    http://weirdgearnyc.com
    http://makethingsmatter.com

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ Oct. 23 2003,17:31)]no doubt down to the untimely delay and the completely fucked up pubic transport...  ...As ever, please forgive any mis-spelling.:

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Nick, did the mixer get fixed in the end ? It seemed fine until got his mits on it
      Matt Hero

Comment

There's something seriously wrong with the PA. I really hope it gets sorted before Speedometer play...

Comment

Is 'Kites Are Fun' the same version I have on an Enoch Light Quad sampler LP, or is Enoch's version a cover?

Comment

I always read 'em but never have any of the records - you should record the whole thing for us poor relatives.

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] ]Little Less Conversation (inst) – Elvis Presley
            Mark - what is this on? I asked Andy Votel - he told me - I then got beered up and forgot.

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] ]Lupita – Nico Gomez
            Are you the only person in Britian to own a copy of "Ritual" then? - I've been after a copy (that I can afford) for around, lets say, 5 years!! Brilliant LP.
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Oct. 23 2003,19:15)]Is 'Kites Are Fun' the same version I have on an Enoch Light Quad sampler LP, or is Enoch's version a cover?
              Same. Light was the arranger for all of Free Design's stuff, and their albums came out on his label. That's a big statement. Could easily be wrong - he arranged the majority at least...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ Oct. 23 2003,17:31)]Bill (Ladyboygrimsby)

Does anybody actually read these playlists outside of Brillo folk?

Small but mighty playlist there chaps, especially these two fella's! Bill, could this be the version you dropped at 333, Tee Hee Hee!

And huge thanks and a swift doff of the cap to Big Nick cos it is he who puts it all together, good work son and comparing the number of views of this particular post each month to the heads at each meeting, I think you can safely say that quite a few peeps outside of the site [or the talking ones!] are checking the playlists and spreading the word.

Personally, the record of sets remains an indispensable part of the evening and the forum so massive respect to you sir!
                I was raised by wolves

Comment

I played some more then that but they were sh*t so you weren't missing out
                  www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Oct. 23 2003,19:53)]I

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] ]Little Less Conversation (inst) – Elvis Presley
                    what is this on? I asked Andy Votel - he told me - I then got beered up and forgot.
                    it&#39;s on the 68 comeback lp...(i think )

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (La-Soul-Fiend @ Oct. 23 2003,23:22)]
                      Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ Oct. 23 2003,17:31)]Bill (Ladyboygrimsby)

Does anybody actually read these playlists outside of Brillo folk?

Small but mighty playlist there chaps, especially these two fella&#39;s&#33; Bill, could this be the version you dropped at 333, Tee Hee Hee&#33;

And huge thanks and a swift doff of the cap to Big Nick cos it is he who puts it all together, good work son and comparing the number of views of this particular post each month to the heads at each meeting, I think you can safely say that quite a few peeps outside of the site [or the talking ones&#33;] are checking the playlists and spreading the word.

Personally, the record of sets remains an indispensable part of the evening and the forum so massive respect to you sir&#33;
                      Yep, LSF, it is the one I played at 333.

I also played these (but Rich stole the pen&#33:
                      VIP Connection - West Coast Drive (the one you asked me about )
                      Crystal Mansion - Somebosy Ought To turn Your Head Around
                      Herb Alpert - Red Hot (Special Mix)
                      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Oct. 23 2003,19:53)]Lupita &amp;#8211; Nico Gomez

Are you the only person in Britian to own a copy of &quot;Ritual&quot; then? - I&#39;ve been after a copy (that I can afford) for around, lets say, 5 years&#33;&#33; Brilliant LP.
                        I have a mint (orig press not the aussie one) copy that i will be selling on ebay soon
                        But if you have a great trade i am willing trade it.

[email protected]

Comment

Yo pokester&#33; Hope you enjoyed your visit to the uk.

I would love that ritual but have nothing I could part with...
                          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] ]I have a mint (orig press not the aussie one)  copy that i will be selling on ebay soon
                            But if you have a great trade i am willing trade it.
                            What sort of thing are you after? Suppose we should take this off line - drop me an email - [email protected] - and I&#39;ll see if I&#39;ve got owt which might persuade you to part with it.
                            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

yes sermad i had a great time in london
                              thanks,
                              I will be comming back 8/9/10/11 of nov with some friends and do some more diggin.... and some

I need some cash for other records so my spare ritual is going on ebay next month or will trade it in utrecht.... (unless you have has some nice jazz trades ??)

Comment

Working...
                              X