Kratwerk "the model" classical version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kratwerk "the model" classical version

this has been bugging me for years...there's a classical version of "the model"by kraftwerk that i've heard sampled a couple of times,i think it's on "i'm riffin 1990 remix" by mc duke, (and someone,maybe the chemical brothers?,played on an radio 1"essential mix" years ago)...does anyone know who it's by and where i might find it? thanks!

Cant help as I lost my 'Im riffin' about 4 years ago. Top top top top tune. Prodigy sampled it didnt they?

Is that the kraftwerk sample? I'm still confused...

This site says mc duke sampled the plain vanilla 'model'.

http://www.cheebadesign.com/perfect/...erk/sample.htm
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (sermad @ Oct. 24 2003,11:46)]Cant help as I lost my &#39;Im riffin&#39; about 4 years ago. Top top top top tune. Prodigy sampled it didnt they?
      found it&#33; it&#39;s balanescu quartet &quot;the model&quot; (mute)
      yeah &quot;i&#39;m riffin&quot; is amazing&#33;&#33;

Comment

Ah nice one.

Hey I just remember who sample &#39;Im riffin&#39;. Its Baptised by Dub. In fact I was playing it last night as I&#39;m doing a partee soon and I always wheel out the hardcore for shits and giggles&#33;

Can&#39;t beat the system...go go with flow&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (sermad @ Oct. 24 2003,11:56)]Can&#39;t beat the system...go go with flow&#33;
          i&#39;m sending you some glow-sticks, serm.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (sermad @ Oct. 24 2003,11:56)]I always wheel out the hardcore for shits
            Sermad, this is surely your finest hour&#33; It&#39;s like something Chris Morris might come up with.. genius, utter
            Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (sermad @ Oct. 24 2003,11:46)]Cant help as I lost my &#39;Im riffin&#39; about 4 years ago. Top top top top tune.
              hey sermad,dunno if you&#39;re interested,but i &#39;ve just seen a copy of this for a fiver...will go back and pick it up for you if you want?

also,in the same place i picked up a copy of the young disciples &quot;step right on&quot; promo 12&quot; i&#39;ve been looking for (i mentioned this in the acid jazz thread a few weeks back)...it&#39;s in the wrong sleeve though, don&#39;t s&#39;pose anyone has a spare talkin&#39; loud sleeve (or am i being overly nerdy?)

Comment

Wicked nice one Ben - I&#39;d love the record.

Hey I still havent sent back your record (slack huh?). Anyway Im coming up soon to the steel city, to see grand pa.

We should have a brew again&#33; That includes you too vibra. When I get a date I&#39;ll email you guys. Could go out - get curry and chips and have me a local lass down the roxy&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (sermad @ Oct. 24 2003,13:27)]Wicked nice one Ben - I&#39;d love the record.

Hey I still havent sent back your record (slack huh?). Anyway Im coming up soon to the steel city, to see grand pa.

We should have a brew again&#33; That includes you too vibra. When I get a date I&#39;ll email you guys. Could go out - get curry and chips and have me a local lass down the roxy&#33;
                  cool,will nip back there after work...yeah give us a bell if you&#39;re up north,would be good to meet up again&#33; you&#39;re on your own at the roxy though&#33;&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (the bearded one @ Oct. 24 2003,13:18)][also,in the same place i picked up a copy of the young disciples &quot;step right on&quot; promo 12&quot; i&#39;ve been looking for (i mentioned this in the acid jazz thread a few weeks back)...it&#39;s in the wrong sleeve though, don&#39;t s&#39;pose anyone has a spare talkin&#39; loud sleeve (or am i being overly nerdy?)
                    Here&#39;s a coincidence. I found one of these one lunchtime last week for a quid.

Mine&#39;s got its sleeve, which is specific to the record rather than a generic Talking Loud one. Was this ever a proper release 12&quot; or just promo? The sleeve says something about it only being available on a forthcoming compilation.

By the way, check out the message scratched into the run out...
                    Endless Tripe

Comment

fyi - the balanescu quartet did a whole LP of classical covers of kraftwerk songs, they also did a really interesting jazz covers LP, interesting because they are a string quartet (or not).

I think they are most famous for that really dull love letters thing they did with Elvis Costello.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Oct. 24 2003,13:44)]
                        Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (the bearded one @ Oct. 24 2003,13:18)][also,in the same place i picked up a copy of the young disciples &quot;step right on&quot; promo 12&quot; i&#39;ve been looking for (i mentioned this in the acid jazz thread a few weeks back)...it&#39;s in the wrong sleeve though, don&#39;t s&#39;pose anyone has a spare talkin&#39; loud sleeve (or am i being overly nerdy?)
                        Here&#39;s a coincidence. I found one of these one lunchtime last week for a quid.

Mine&#39;s got its sleeve, which is specific to the record rather than a generic Talking Loud one. Was this ever a proper release 12&quot; or just promo? The sleeve says something about it only being available on a forthcoming compilation.

&quot;step right on&quot; was on the b-side of &quot;get yourself together&quot; but i think it was a different (and not as good version)...didn&#39;t realise it had a &quot;proper&quot; sleeve,i remembered it just being a generic talkin loud one....

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (jonky @ Oct. 24 2003,14:02)]fyi - the balanescu quartet did a whole LP of classical covers of kraftwerk songs, they also did a really interesting jazz covers LP, interesting because they are a string quartet (or not).

I think they are most famous for that really dull love letters thing they did with Elvis Costello.
                          cheers,will have to keep my eyes peeled for that kraftwerk covers lp...

Comment

The Balanescu set is called &#39;Possessed&#39; and it was issued on Mute in &#39;92: CD is pretty commonplace, I think, but I&#39;ve personally never seen a vinyl copy (not that I&#39;ve ever looked for one). On the same subject, Kronos Quartet have done some similar things (their string quartet take on &#39;Purple Haze&#39; is pretty good - I saw them do it live, and the violinist started bowing his lines behind his head Jimi-style, but didn&#39;t - unfortunately - do the lighter-fuel thing too...) and I really liked the Senor Coconut set of cheesy latin takes on Kraftwerk tunes: amazing how well those tunes adapt to almost any arrangement. Did any of the Easy Maestros (Last, Faith etc) ever have a go at any Kraftwerk?
                            a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (the bearded one @ Oct. 24 2003,14:26)]
                              Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Oct. 24 2003,13:44)]
                              Originally posted by [b

&quot;step right on&quot; was on the b-side of &quot;get yourself together&quot; but i think it was a different (and not as good version)...didn&#39;t realise it had a &quot;proper&quot; sleeve,i remembered it just being a generic talkin loud one....
                              don&#39;t lose any sleep over the sleeve. it&#39;s nothing fancy - sort of generic looking with artist / title details on the front and a bit of old blurb on the back.

the dub&#39;s the version for me. &quot;step right on&quot; later appeared on their LP (if i remember correctly - ain&#39;t got it any more).
                              Endless Tripe

Comment

Working...
                              X