Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mik
    replied
    oh my mistake then, I remembered it having sax solo's over everything. Something put me off it, maybe it was the jungle noises.

Leave a comment:

• Belson
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (mik @ Nov. 03 2004,17:47)]I had this and thought it was pretty bad - sold it straight away. Not only jungle noises but really quite horrible sax solos over everything. Saxuality. yuk!
    No saxuality solos on my copy, mik.

It's a top record, save for the jungle noises - much are bearable depending on how drunk your crowd is.

Leave a comment:

• mik
    replied
    I had this and thought it was pretty bad - sold it straight away. Not only jungle noises but really quite horrible sax solos over everything. Saxuality. yuk!

Leave a comment:

• fin
    replied
    maybe you should have started a new thread...

whats intereseting is a) why Beacon had it
    b) why someone chose to fucking ruin the thing with those stupid jungle noises. Listen to it - they are added later. I don't think they were ever intended to go on those tunes.

All of which leads me to believe that its an album, unreleased in the states - maybe unfinished? - that for some reason they bought off JGP, or otherwise acquired, and not knowing what to do with it, tried to turn it into a novelty record by overdubbing all those stupid noises. Which means that maybe, somewhere, maybe there's a tape without the noises. And that would be a good record. as opposed to one which is a bit shit, all told, because its been ruined by some twat with a BBC sound effects record.

Leave a comment:

• fin
    replied
    No, J.G. Principato is a real person and he is from NY, he still lives there I think (he's a drum teacher, and for a long time had his own drumming school). Anyone who doubts this is advised to check the writing and production credits on any 45s on the 'Firebird' label out of NY, eg. Kim Tamango's 'Not by Bread alone'....

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    Ive always wondered where soul deeper was from. Maybe Ive got it and don't know - Still missing two big themes though (The mad percussion one comes ot mind).

'Planet Of The Breaks' (ES 123)

Side One

Guadalupe - Roy Haynes Hip Ensemble
    Cajun Moon - Keiron White
    Candy I'm So Daggone Mixed Up - The Chosen Few
    Soul Thing - Tony Newman
    Sneakin Up On You - Elaine Delmar

Side Two

Dancing In The Jungle - The Prince Pato Expedition
    Soul Deeper - Alan Tew (gotta be a lib...maybe one on Themes)
    Stakeout - The Pules Of Events (sp?)
    Champ - The Mohawks
    South Street Stroll - Freddie Hubbard

Leave a comment:

• Seventies Kid
    replied
    This tune was comped on 'Planet Of The Breaks' vol.3, along with a tune by Alan Tew called 'Soul Deeper' - I'm sure this is off a Themes library - anyone?

Leave a comment:

• chrisvulture
    replied
    yes, i think we can take those sleeve notes with a very large pinch of salt! it has to be some UK arranger really, doesnt it?

Leave a comment:

• Belson
    replied
    Yeah, I was going to include that in the Brillo comp until I read the back cover.

It was released on Beacon in the UK, but recorded by a bunch of dudes from NY.......or so it says???

Leave a comment:

• TOWNY
    replied
    You Jammy B*stard Chris - been after that for an age now !!!!

Very tasty LP

Leave a comment:

• chrisvulture
    started a topic Prince pato expedition

Prince pato expedition

The pound boxes at the local weekend rekid fair caughed up The Prince Pato Expedition 'Firebird 1' LP on Beacon...ooooh, its very, very nice indeed! think a smoother, less frenetic Mandingo and you're not far off-think one of the tracks has been comped somewhere...

anyway, the credits go to one, ahem, Jesse G. Princapato....yeah, right...who is it really then?

any ideas?
Working...
X