Pete Moore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete Moore

Picked up Pete Moore - award winners LP the other day at a charity shop, didn't think it looked particulary special, but it was Pete Moore and it was only 50p so I took a chance, glad i did because there are awesome funky versions of talk to the animals (dr doolittle), consider yourself (oliver!) & old devil moon (finian's rainbow) also great John Coltrane sounding version of chim chim cheree, and a passable version of a man & a woman, anyone heard this LP?
    I want to go to the land of ooog!

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (happy monster @ 27 April 2003,11:02)]anyone heard this LP?
    i'll take that as a no, more previously undiscovered funky nuggets unearthed!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (happy monster @ 22 July 2003,22:35)]
      Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (happy monster @ 27 April 2003,11:02)]anyone heard this LP?
      i'll take that as a no, more previously undiscovered funky nuggets unearthed!
      Hold ya horses... I think this LP came up in a thread a while back - a bit of a winner y'right. Nice version of 'Steptoe & Son', but it is that version of 'Talk To The Animals' that I play most often.....
      Matt Hero

Comment

Hell's teeth - I was looking at a copy of this in my parents' garage only the other day! With my usual genius in these matters I think I dismissed it as so much landfill. I shall get on the blower to them.

Not sure there's much else of note in their garage, though. Not unless firewood or copies of last month's Radio Times have started to attract high prices on the 'Bay.  

The Pop Music Library

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Tommo of Sprowston @ 23 July 2003,13:37)]Hell's teeth - I was looking at a copy of this in my parents' garage only the other day! With my usual genius in these matters I think I dismissed it as so much landfill. I shall get on the blower to them.
          Ooh, never dismiss Pete Moore. Not a duff LP by him in my rack, are there any ?

Edit : I have a spare of this LP is anybody is interested.
          Matt Hero

Comment

yes please matt!!!

any tracks on his 'More & More' LP then? saw it once in a charity, but seeing as it was Oxfam and they wanted 3 quid for the pleasure and the dreaded words 'with his orchestra & chorus' were on the sleeve, with no evidence of banging tracks, i left it...was this a mistake???

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (chrisvulture @ 23 July 2003,15:22)]yes please matt!!!

any tracks on his 'More & More' LP then?
              Ahh, you've got me there. I had to say it didn't I ! From recollection that is a bit of a stinker, but you gotta catch 'em all

LP is your Chris....
              Matt Hero

Comment

Phew! lucky escape then! another one of his i am yet to come across is 'Everybody's Talking'...any beans there??

Comment

I've got 'Everybody's Talking' - quite a good 'un as I recall - nothing like 'Catwalk' on there, but nice enough.

I've got a feeling 'More And More' is a 1960s Pye recording, a few tracks of which have surfaced on CD recently, including 'Las Vegas' (which later appeared on 'Exciting Sound Of Bob Miller and the Millermen&#39 and 'Turnpike Lane' (from 'The Easy Project vol 2', and the Whiskas ad&#33 The music is quite jazz/swing influenced and the vocals are of the 'do-be-do' kind, rather than proper words, which is one point in its favour.

I think people round here might find the 'Pete Moore Plays The Carpenters Song Book' on Rediffusion Gold Star a bit of a disappointment, but then again you never know........

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ 23 July 2003,16:53)]I think people round here might find the 'Pete Moore Plays The Carpenters Song Book' on Rediffusion Gold Star a bit of a disappointment, but then again you never know........
                    Hey, you can't knock the Carpenters too much - as good as Burt Bacharach at their best. Plus I recently picked up a Dizzy Gillespie LP on Solid state (It's My Way) which is produced by none other than Richard Carpenter: some cheesy 'Galveston' covers, but a decent 'Aquarius/Sunshine In', a pretty good 'Exotica' & an awesome 'Birk's Works' that might as well come with a voice in it somewhere saying "A QUINN MARTIN PRODUCTION..." so 70s cop-show is it! A pretty unlikely collaboration, though, surely?
                    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

tommo of sprowston, are you from the sprowston in norfolk by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (happy monster @ 23 July 2003,20:04)]tommo of sprowston, are you from the sprowston in norfolk by any chance?
                        I am, sir, by every chance!

Do you know the place? And if so, did you too experience a distinct frisson when it got a mention in the last series of Alan Partridge?

I don't live there at the moment, but I'm hoping to move back to Norwich ('Paris of the East&#39 at some point in the future.

NB Note to Hadrian Elephant: Don't feel you have to berate me for coming from the wrong side of the East Anglian border. The (soon-to-be) Mrs Tommo and her family are all from Suffolk, so regional sparring is pretty much the order the day anyway!
                        The Pop Music Library

Comment

hope you read this mr elephant, that's 1 norfolk & 2 suffolk vultures, the quest continues...

Comment

Working...
                          X