X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theeman
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (emperor tomato ketchup @ Oct. 29 2003,16:48)]The Crack In The Cosmic Egg one is good too.
    seconded, and there are very few copies of this left so get onto the Ultima Thule website and get it quick.

chris vulture tipped me on it - nice one chap!

Leave a comment:

• emperor tomato ketchup
    replied
    Turns out not to be mentioned in my book but there are other oddities from the lates 60's that are like Black Widow and Coven. Just looked at the back pages and the picture of the authour makes it pretty clear he's some type of raging fascist.

Much better off with fuzz and acid flowers or the Flashback. Great to have on hand even if not a "good read". The Crack In The Cosmic Egg one is good too.

Leave a comment:

• mundayschild
    replied
    It's also worth checking out 'After the acid trip-The flashback (the ultimate psychadelic music guide)' by the same author.

A damn good book, mines looking a bit worse for wear.

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    aye tapestry is another fave.

Its such a shame half the good ones are not in print anymore.

Im really after that south american rock book - I think its still inprint (hope it is&#33.

Leave a comment:

• Col Wolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (sermad @ Oct. 28 2003,20:06)]is that from fuzz and acid flowers?

If it is - I love that book. But all I know is that if the author *hates* it then I will love it.
    Yeah, that's the book and I'm with you concerning the author's judgement - some of the things he slagged off in 'Tapestry Of Delights' feature in my alltime faves....

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    is that from fuzz and acid flowers?

If it is - I love that book. But all I know is that if the author *hates* it then I will love it.

Leave a comment:

• Col Wolfe
    replied
    Lifted from Vernon Joynson's tome on US garage/psych/Rock:

The sleevenotes to this album state that the band, who came from the South, have one of the greatest original interpretations of the new dimension of psychedelic sound!  In fact this LP surely deserves a place in any chamber of the worst records ever made.  The opening cut, 'Satan's First Theme', is so bad it's laughable.  The vocals are practically spoken, *Satan* punctuates these with a laugh that is so unconvincing it's pitiful and in response to the vocalists assertion "I'm the Devil", there's a chorus retorting "HE'S THE BUGGER MAN".  Not psychedelic, not garage, simply garbage and the subsequent tracks are only marginally better.  

Well, I dunno about you lot but I think this LP is a definite must have.

He's the bugger man!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• emperor tomato ketchup
    replied
    I've been reading "Lords of Chaos - The rise of the satanic metal undrground" this weekend and I think it mentions this. Or at least some late 60's album which sounds similar, though it is pretty poor on the music but I'll take a look if you fancy.

The book is intriging but badly written. On the plus side I now actually can tell you the difference between Death Metal, Trash Metal and Black Metal -though I probably couldn't actually be bothered doing so.

So do you have any Burzum albums to trade?

Leave a comment:

• Mr Divine
    replied
    Their spelling is hellish...

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    started a topic Records that sound so good...

Records that sound so good...

From the sleeve you just want them on sight!

This had me slobbering! Wonder if its any good  

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws....66&rd=1
Working...
X