X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• formigo
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Boon @ Oct. 29 2003,09:38)]I find it impossible to tell what different gradings mean these days, firstly because there are so many systems for doing it (whether estabvlished ones like record collector & goldmine or a strange new one that the seller has made up himself) & secondly because of the element of subjectivity involved in grading.

Its a real pain because depending on whos looking at the record and what system they're using  VG+ can range from playing well without any noise to sounding like it was used as an ice skating rink
    Yep, that's why I just tend to use descriptive sentences like "bit of surface noise, only noticable in the quiet spots" instead.

Of course, not everyone agrees on what consitutes a "bit" of surface noise. But hey, if words could really communicate we wouldn't need music right?

Leave a comment:

• Boon
    replied
    I find it impossible to tell what different gradings mean these days, firstly because there are so many systems for doing it (whether estabvlished ones like record collector & goldmine or a strange new one that the seller has made up himself) & secondly because of the element of subjectivity involved in grading.

Its a real pain because depending on whos looking at the record and what system they're using VG+ can range from playing well without any noise to sounding like it was used as an ice skating rink

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Grading

Grading

So, the age old question;

WHAT IS THE "EX" GRADE in relation to VG++ ?
    Is it the same ? Is EX just a slight hair away
    from NM ? And then, there's EX - !

What is that ? VG+ ?

I really love when sellers say the LP is SEALED
    AND THE LP GRADE IS NM !

HOW do they know that ? It's SEALED YOU IDIOT !
    Have they never opened up a sealed LP
    only to find a bad pressing unplayable LP ?

I always love crackin that seal tho on sealed rekkids
    Where's my friend the Son of Cantona, lately ?

Jack
Working...
X