Des Champ (w Barbra Moore)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Des Champ (w Barbra Moore)

Sorry, that's 'ala Barbra Moore' not 'by'. Sounds interesting, but never heard anything about it before: any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2525638909

& who is Des Champ??

(Edited by wayne at 4:31 pm on April 25, 2003)
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Des Champ is probably best know for his 'Penthouse presents The Bedside Bond' LP, but he was a record producer/arranger who did a lot of stuff for Page One records, and was involved with bands like The Vanity Fare and Chicory Tip. Also done a few library tracks.
    His version of 'It Takes A Thief' is excellent - rubbish sound quality, though.

Incidentally, look out for 'Megowd - Something Tells Me' by Vanity Fare on the 'Hitchin' A Ride' LP, a Des Champ production with some fantastic Hammond, completely unlike anything VF ever did before or since, and sounding a bit out of place on the LP.

Comment

Yeyyyyyyyyy for Lord Thames !

Thanks for the cool inside track on that
      and him

Do you know anything about the Eddie Warner IM Lib track "Titus" being both an instro and a vocal ?

Jack

Comment

Not personally, but I think I know someone with a complete set of IM LPs - I'll try to find out, but I can't promise anything.

Comment

A bit of light googling suggests that 'To Catch A Thief' is a reasonably common 45, so it sounds like that'll be worth keeping an eye out for (rubbish sound quality notwithstanding)... As for the others, it's amazing what a wide spread of stuff these people got involved with when you start digging into their histories...
          a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Working...
          X