Country funk/outside-in ost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country funk/outside-in ost

Hi Chaps, 2 interesting looking records have turned up in a local spot that doesn’t allow you to have a listen, with both being priced a £10 I cant really afford to take a gamble. SO any advice on the following would be appreciated

Country Funk (polydor 1968-69)
    Not sure if that’s the name of the group or the LP but ‘Country funk’ is al that written on the cover. The guys in the bad look like the guys from ‘Motherload’

Outside-in OST
    Soundtrack with a track called ‘chase’ with is usually a good thing, but at £10 I cant take a gamble.

Cheers
    Parkz
    www.soundclick.com/bboyparkz

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (bboy parkz @ Oct. 30 2003,13:46)]Country Funk (polydor 1968-69)
    Not sure if that’s the name of the group or the LP but ‘Country funk’ is al that written on the cover. The guys in the bad look like the guys from ‘Motherload’
    Its been a while so I could have confused it with something else (Polydor had a couple other similar releases around the same time) but I believe "Country Funk" was neither country nor funk, just really bad rock.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (DigDug @ Oct. 30 2003,14:25)]Its been a while so I could have confused it with something else (Polydor had a couple other similar releases around the same time) but I believe "Country Funk" was neither country nor funk, just really bad rock.

You could be right there, I did a google search and the only thing that came up about the 'Country Funk' LP was its neither Counrty or funk, shame.

peace
      parkz
      Its been a while so I could have confused it with something else (Polydor had a couple other similar releases around the same time) but I believe "Country Funk" was neither country nor funk, just really bad rock.

You could be right there, I did a google search and the only thing that came up about the 'Country Funk' LP was its neither Counrty or funk, shame.

peace
      parkz
      www.soundclick.com/bboyparkz

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (bboy parkz @ Oct. 30 2003,13:46)]Outside-in OST
        Soundtrack with a track called ‘chase’ with is usually a good thing, but at £10 I cant take a gamble.
        that was Randy Edelman's first soundtrack. On MGM from 1972. no idea if it's funky, but it doesn't turn up very often and 10 quid's probably a pretty good price - you could always trade it up with an OST dealer for something else if it's not your bag.
        http://www.blaxploitation.com
        Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

The 'Country Funk' album on Polydor you need is and album called 'North Country Funk' by Joey Gregorash.

Two goods tunes on there including a solid version of Neil Youngs 'Down by the river'.

There's a nifty beat on there too. I think the date is 1972.

Comment

So does anybody else have recommendations for things that are both COUNTRY and FUNK?

To start the ball rolling, there is Amos Moses by Jerry Reed (off Georgia Sunshine)
            and, of course, there are various versions of Polk Salad Annie
            It ain't shakey

Comment

This is a category that I've been wanting to investigate, but have had neither the time or funds to do so. I've been told that just about every country label will have one or two B-sides with a playable, funky tune on, but I guess it's gonna take a Vestax and some R&R in Nashville etc to work this out... What's the recent comp that addressed this strand of funk called? Guess that'll be a good place to start, oh and the Kenny Rodgers tune doesn't count...
              http://wakeupanddie.com
              http://weirdgearnyc.com
              http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (dr kraken @ Oct. 31 2003,11:21)]So does anybody else have recommendations for things that are both COUNTRY and FUNK?

To start the ball rolling, there is Amos Moses by Jerry Reed (off Georgia Sunshine)
                and, of course, there are various versions of Polk Salad Annie
                OC Smith 'Son Of Hickory Holler's Tramp' always seems to turn up on old country comps. There *has*' to be other great versions of this out there. Doesn't there?

And 'Just Dropped In' and 'Heed The Call' by the First Edition are pretty funky IMO. To get the obvious ones out of the way...
                You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ Oct. 31 2003,11:33)]What's the recent comp that addressed this strand of funk called?
                  'Country Got Soul', on Casual. Haven't got it, but I've heard it's pretty good.
                  Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ Oct. 31 2003,11:33)]oh and the Kenny Rodgers tune doesn't count...
                    Bugger, yet again I fall victim to 'taking-to-long-to-draft-a-reply'...

Although not a country artist, I reckon you could include Lulu's 'Marley Purt Drive' and 'Move To My Rhythm' in this category.
                    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

"I Hate Hate" by Razzy is a top tune - kind of like the country version of "Tighten Up". I thinks it's now appeared on that "Country Got Soul" but is was dead cheap when I got my 45 a while back.

Also have to say the words Bobbie Gentry as this point.
                      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

So do Wayne Cochran & The CC Riders count as 'Country Funk' then ? If so, then they are always worth a punt Nick.

How about the OST of 'Norwood' ? Surely that counts too ?

If we're on the cover versions thing, I've yet to hear a bad version of 'Hickory Hollers Tramp'.
                        Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Oct. 31 2003,12:04)]Also have to say the words Bobbie Gentry as this point.
                          M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I D-E-L-T-A

Comment

Anyone heard this?

http://www.recordkingz.com/shop...._id=497

I know of the whereabouts of at least three copies but never really given it a second look.
                            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

your crapping me. Spinna and premier sampled this? Get out.
                              www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Working...
                              X