Where my soul strut heads @?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where my soul strut heads @?

Whilst waiting for RAJ to put the new board up, I thought I would pop back in here... who all from Soul Strut is up on this piece?

peace.

What's a Soulstrut?

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

How to speak gangsta

Comment

mass defections going on!

nah, I pop in here every now and then but now I'm trying to catch up in earnest since I've got the time in soulstrut's absence.... hopefully it won't be gone too long.

but the heads here are friendly and quite knowledgeable on a lot of different kinds of music so it feels right homey.

Comment

I'm a Soulstrut regular, but it's so busy there that I get fed up waiting to get let in...
          http://wakeupanddie.com
          http://weirdgearnyc.com
          http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Leo Sayer.

Now y'all feel at home doncha
            Matt Hero

Comment

I thought soul struts board had gone waaaay downhill months ago. Just endless aggro. I havent read a thread on there which I found useful for months - The black chains one and the funk rock thread being great.

I think there was a minority on there who have no respect for people opinions. If you hate something then thats down to the individual. Call them crazy, educate them then move on.

Its like me and soul music.
              www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I assumed it was Karma for giving that poor Romanian lad so much hassle when he asked a simple, perfectly polite question.

For me it&#39;s always been like VV in reverse. Here I&#39;m interested in 95% of the threads, and even understand some of them.... over at Soul Strut, I feel like I&#39;m reading English as a second language, but amongst the abuse, there is still good info being &#39;dropped&#39; (if that&#39;s what the kids still say).

Anyway, welcome Soul Strut refugees. Keep the place tidy, get a round of &#39;s in every now again, don&#39;t talk to the driver while the bus is in motion and it&#39;ll all be apples.
                Matt Hero

Comment

You guys got your grand slam mags yet? Looks a good ish&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (sermad @ Oct. 30 2003,17:11)]Its like me and soul music.
                    You saying that strapping you into the dentists chair, tieing you down and playing you Motown Chartbusters volumes 1 to 10 on constant rotation for a week, solid, hasn&#39;t worked?

Time for these...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (sermad @ Oct. 30 2003,17:26)]You guys got your grand slam mags yet? Looks a good ish&#33;
                      Anyone seen it yet? My fantastic new series starts in this issue.
                      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

as close as Ive got.

http://www.gsmag.net

Comment

Damn postal strike. I assume that the issues are caught up in this ?
                          Matt Hero

Comment

I saw the name Leo Sayer so I&#39;d thought I&#39;d drop in and say hi  

Sermad: do you really think that soulstrut has gone totally downhill? I&#39;ll admit it goes off the beaten path quite a bit, but there is still a good amount of knowledge being spread there. I asked a question just last week (folk funk) and got a healthy amount of responses back. Sure there is some low-brow Leo Sayer umo going on there, but if you sift throgh the sayer, and the Simpson characters you&#39;ll find some of the finest record nerds spouting out knowledge.

All that being said, I still like vinyl vulture just as much, whithout this board I&#39;d know little to nothing about Keith Mansfeild, Brian Bennett, and the all mighty Acker Bilk&#33;  

Comment

I don&#39;t post here as often as I&#39;d like but how else would I have doubles of Robert Coulam if not for this board? Waxy Vultures get busy with the ill limey jawns no doubt son ya heard

And, um, Bongolia... I STILL owe you a record&#33; Holler&#33;

Comment

Working...
                              X