Southport weekender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southport weekender

Not the most Vulture styled event in the world I know, but is anyone going to the Southport Weekender?

If so and you see a record stall wedged in an unlikely location because Alex Lowes has changed the plans again, be sure to pop by and say hello to me as I'll be sat behind it.
    He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Oh yes - I'm going - I'll try and see ya before too much alcohol takes control.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Belson @ Oct. 31 2003,09:56)]Oh yes - I'm going - I'll try and see ya before too much alcohol takes control.
      Just a quick post to say that it was great to meet Greg and his charming Girlfriend at the weekender, although most times we did bump into each other I fear the had long since taken it's effect on me....

Also have to apologise about putting him through the ordeal of going around every record stall asking 'does Hadrian Elephant work here?' and being met with blank looks from everyone.

I had a fantastic weekender. If anyone gets the chance to see Peven Everett live doing a set of his house based material I would recommend it. He's a bit of a one trick pony, but what a trick! His drummer was unbelievable, kind of Tony Allen meets Earl Young.

Other highlights were Jazzy Jeffs 'played out classics spun so they sound fabulous' set, Terry Jones and Andy Davies on Saturday afternoon (you misted a belter Towny, they got a 2-3 minute standing ovation at the end) and erm,well the rest was good but I was so battered I couldn't remember a lot of it.

I heard very favourable reviews of Bugz In The Attic (albeit from one of their mates, so not very subjective) and Blaze too and I caught the last two songs of the live Los Amigo's Invisibles live set and was impressed by what I saw.

All in all, the best Southport in quite a few years.

That Speedometer gig sounds a goodie Greg. I will endeavour to make it down to that there London for it.
      He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Pleasure to meet you too, fella.

Yep, what a feckin' weekend!! Just incredible. DJ of the weekend had to be Jazzy Jeff - his tracklisting was fairly safe, but the way he threw it together was straight out of the old school and super slick - we were right at the front bumpin' with Jeffs entourage and a group of guys we've never met before - tune after tune, he was just slaying us. Big happy memories!

Earlier though, whilst Peven was on, Jeff shared the main Powerhouse stage with the Kenny Dope & Louie Vega, slicing up the platters six deck style. Sorry, but Peven had to take a backseat for that one.

Kev Beadle was storming along with the ever reliable Snowboy - I could go on for pages, but I won't.

Safe to say an absolutely belting Southport with a hella lot of great memories to take home with us.

Top rankin'!

Comment

I'm going to see Jazzy Jeff tonight in Sheffield - can't wait! I just know he's gonna 'Boom Boom Shake Shake The Room'!
          Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Working...
          X