Detroit City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit City

just been playing some of the weekends pickings, getting down to the bottom of the barrel now, to be precise i was playing 'the golden hour presents a stereo showcase' it was pretty crap until 'detroit city' by 'John Brown Jnr's go go music' kicked in, jesus! what a track sounds a bit bluenotes to me anyone else heard of this track, who done the original? theres another track by john brown as well, a pretty good version of 'on broadway' .
    I want to go to the land of ooog!

Have a look at my February chart - that one's not got those tracks on it but it's great all the same.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Roy Budd in disguise, nice one LDJB.

Comment

'On Broadway' and 'Detroit City' are on 'Watch What Happens', which has basically the same cover as the other one, but a red background and a different girl. nice version of Scarborough Fair on there too.

Comment

cheers bongolia.

Comment

original of Detroit City by Bobby Bare, according to Google, but i only know the Tom Jones version...

Comment

</span>
              Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] ]original of Detroit City by Bobby Bare, according to Google, but i only know the Tom Jones version...
              <span =''>...and Tom's version is worth a listen. On 'The Green, Green Grass Of Home' with some other great tracks - Mohair Sam for start.
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
              X